Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Good Show Gigabet.

I know I'm not alone when I say that I was rooting for you in omaha hi/lo today. I'm sure it was painful to leave without the bracelet, but I have no doubt that you'll get one, and I'm betting sooner than later.
As one of countless players that have enjoyed the benefits of your posting here on 2+2, I thank you.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Good Show Gigabet.

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm not alone when I say that I was rooting for you in omaha hi/lo today. I'm sure it was painful to leave without the bracelet, but I have no doubt that you'll get one, and I'm betting sooner than later.
As one of countless players that have enjoyed the benefits of your posting here on 2+2, I thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

TYVM, It really means alot to me to get support from players who, hopefully, I have helped in an indirect way. I know you probably don't realize that everyone here helps me alot more than any one individual that I have helped on this site. Reading through responses of my various posts has helped me think through certain situations in a more creative fashion, which in turn, helps me get the results I have been lucky enough to receive.

As for missing the bracelet, I accept the fact that my style of play carries a very large margin of variance. When I am playing with a chip lead, I know that my chances getting 7th or 2nd are just about the same and I take these risks because the value for 1st is so high and my bankroll allows me to take the slightly higher $ev plays. I truly am a "process player," so not getting the bracelet means nothing, because it is as if I already have one. If I continue to play(and I will) eventually the bracelet is an unavoidable outcome.

I hope you all continue to follow me in the later events, I intend on playing all the events that I can, hopefully half So keep an eye out for me, and be sure to flame away when I donkey off my stack with 84(or KKKQ, anyone see me 3 bet that from the small blind?) I'll try and post on a semi-regular basis to let everyone know if I am doing particularly well in a certain event.

Gigabet
Old 06-08-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TYVM, It really means alot to me to get support from players who, hopefully, I have helped in an indirect way. I know you probably don't realize that everyone here helps me alot more than any one individual that I have helped on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Darrell, I thinkt aht you underestimate your influence on players on this board, and in poker in general. You have changed my game in ways I never imagined were impossible. Thank you.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:40 AM

Go get 'em gigabet
Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 AM

As a fellow small town Iowan (West Liberty, now living in Chicago) it was great to see you do well. You certainly play brave, you have to admire that!

Good Luck with the rest of the events, I wouldn't be shocked to see another final table or two.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:45 AM

Nice job Gigabet. Very respectable
Old 06-08-2005, 10:47 AM

What I love the most is the fact that he doesn't play for the bracelet. Not that he needs it anyway
Old 06-08-2005, 10:49 AM

Good luck man. Thanks for your posts again, they've helped everyone on the site. Now go take one of these down.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:49 AM

Good luck in the rest of the WSOP. It was great to follow your progress yesterday.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:58 AM

Jolly good show. Give'em hell in the next events.

I'm serious about hooking up for a red bull and vodka sometime in waterloo. my brother goes to UNI and works at Mulligans so I make it up there sometimes.