Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Girl touble--ADVICE wanted

Here's my problem. I have no trouble going out, finding attractive chicks, meeting/greeting & getting phone numbers, etc. The problem is that by the end of the night, I've had so much to drink (and am generally a bad listener, especially when I'm studying tits&ass) that I forget basically everything about the chick that she told me. This makes the next contact sort of awkward. I got their name & number, but have to ask them do they live on the Upper East Side or Brooklyn? Are they studying to become a medical assistant or in fashion? This sucks for me because it's blatantly obvious that I have been hitting on more than one chick, and don't listen well/get too drunk. (By the way, don't tell me to drink less--part of the charm that works for me is being a little out of control, increases confidence & complements my usual tasteless humor I'm told.)

As an example, Sat night we go out, hit a birthday party in a club in midtown. Turns out we're there on the early side, and some lonely chick is sitting at the bar, I join her, turns out it's her birthday party tonight too, a few drinks later I got her number & some info that she's doing some legal intern crap or something, her party starts soon after as does ours, so we don't chat more that night. It won't be a problem to come up with some lawyer jokes or something when I talk to her next. But, 30 minutes later I'm hitting on girl #2, damn cute but from out of town, only in town for 1 week. Buy her a few drinks, touchy-feelyness ensues. My pal is about to drag me out of the place to go to UWS for house party that promises more chicks, so I get digits, offer to take her out later in the week. By now I'm drunk enough that I honestly don't remember anything about this chick except her name (well, I had to look it up in the phone), home state, and that she's only in town for a week. OK, house party, within 20 minutes I'm making out with a slender HOT chick (easily the hottest of the night) with perfect body, cute and mischevious... so drunk that when I ask her for her number, I have to pull the ol' "uh, how do you spell your name?" routine, which was the predictable backfire "you know more than one way to spell jill?" ([censored]). Somehow I manage not to take her home with me, wake up the next morning with zero knowledge of what neighborhood she lives, what she does, how old she is, the whole 9 yards. Just a name, number, knowledge that she was damn hot and interested that night anyway... Sure, she's a friend of a friend of a friend, but goign through all that to get a cheat sheet is goign to get back to her eventually, and not worth the trouble.

So my question is, how do I go about making next contact without looking like a jackass. I mean, after you say "hello" you know you're going to have to talk about what you learned about her that night, eventually (either in the first call or date/meeting whatever). I need something, I figure, that lets them know that I know nothing about them but hopefully saving a little face so they don't think they're not important to me (of course, this is the case, but the image of honesty and forthrightness is what I'm goign for here).

Hook me up fellas. Posted this anonymous b/c my brother knows my usual screename and reads my poker posts--don't want to set a bad example. Just want to juggle as many of these bearded clams as possible without letting them all fall to the ground at once.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Girl touble

Meh. This is awesome and could have been me 5 years ago. Enjoy it while it lasts.

FWIW I pulled the "How do you spell your name? crap in Vegas a few years back... - A-M-Y"
Old 06-07-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hook me up fellas. Posted this anonymous b/c my brother knows my usual screename and reads my poker posts--don't want to set a bad example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Who are you really?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hook me up fellas. Posted this anonymous b/c my brother knows my usual screename and reads my poker posts--don't want to set a bad example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Who are you really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone from New York who actually posts about poker and has a drinking problem.

I don't post about poker.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:47 PM

What makes you say a drinking problem? Plenty of folks drink to the point where things become fuzzy--be sure that I'm not saying I don't remember the events of the evening, or where I went, etc... it's not that I'm blacking out. I just get all the details that these chicks tell me jumbled up. I know one of those chicks was a dental assistant and one was a paralegal or something like that. I'm pretty sure one lives UES and hte other on long island somewhere. I remember Ms. Utah is from Utah.

I only drink a night a week or so, and rarely get piss drunk. Put it this way--just redact the drinking parts of the original post and treat it as if I'm solely a bad listener (which is definitely true, I mostly just don't care about these chicks except that they are hot).
Old 06-07-2005, 05:51 PM

Soooo....you're saying you can stop whenever you want?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:54 PM

Find, goddamit, I drink too much. Have trouble stopping. By a pussy's definition of alcohol addiction, I qualify. But that's not going to solve my problem at hand ("sorry I don't remember anything about you, I have a drinking problem").

Seriously, something funny would work for me, based on the impression I left with these chicks. But humor isn't my strong suit when I'm basically apologizing...
Old 06-07-2005, 05:58 PM

partygirluk gives lessons on love for $0.25. You might want to contact him.

[ QUOTE ]
Find, goddamit, I drink too much. Have trouble stopping. By a pussy's definition of alcohol addiction, I qualify. But that's not going to solve my problem at hand ("sorry I don't remember anything about you, I have a drinking problem").

Seriously, something funny would work for me, based on the impression I left with these chicks. But humor isn't my strong suit when I'm basically apologizing...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should just keep this account because whatever your real account is, this one must be better.

Advice:

Keep a small pad and pen with you. Write down stuff if you so happen to meet 3 chicks in one night.

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Girl touble--ADVICE wanted

I don't get it. If a large part of your charm is that you're this out of control party guy, then these chicks don't actually expect you to remember intimate details of the conversations they had when you were out of control drunk.