Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Default KK in the SB

I have KK in the SB, folds to me, I wanted to get the BB involved in the pot so I only raised 125(t225), he called.
BB limped alot and seemed to get involved in alot of hands, early on in this STT he build up a big lead but lost it.
I thought I would place a weak raise preflop and weak bet on the flop hoping to enduce a reraise.
Instead he called the flop bet

How would you play the turn?

Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter

Button (t215)
Hero (t1910)
BB (t710)
UTG (t1440)
MP1 (t695)
MP2 (t1825)
CO (t1205)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t225</font>, BB calls t125.

Flop: (t450) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, BB calls t125.

Turn: (t700) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero....?
Old 06-07-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: KK in the SB

In my opinion the turn helps you so I keep betting hard. You're worried about 66, TT? Just keep goin, 'sides you have him covered by alot. I think you might be posting it because you lost, but I don't see any way to get away from this hand.

keep it fresh
-LDT
Old 06-07-2005, 03:19 PM

put the guy all in, you have kings.

edit, i want to add more, i guess:

so here's the thing, i'm assuming here that the op wants to have advice about getting more value out of the hand, not whether he should plan to fold, or whatever.

my original "insight" up there, is basically well, the guy doesn't have much chips left, so there really shouldn't be that much of a reason to expect him to fold on the fairly non scary turn card, since he's in for like a third of his stack already. the fact that he put in money on the flop probably means he's going to give you the rest on the turn.

checking probably gets the money in there usually too, and gets a bluff sometimes out of a rare opponent who would bluff the turn having called the flop bet with nothing...

citanul

Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion the turn helps you so I keep betting hard. You're worried about 66, TT? Just keep goin, 'sides you have him covered by alot. I think you might be posting it because you lost, but I don't see any way to get away from this hand.

keep it fresh
-LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not worried about him having anything (66, TT nor 22), because he plays alot of hands, justed all his chips and in this situation i was hoping he would reraise the flop.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 PM

Put him all in =\
Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM

argument to push: villain will call any 6 if you push now. if it goes check-check and a big card hits, he may fold the river. same for a hand like 33. villain also may call with A high now when he would not once he sees he missed his A.

argument to check: villain will push most hands that he would call with, and he might have called with overs and will now try a desperation steal.

i think it's more likely that you'll let him make a good fold than you'll miss a chance to catch a bluff. push.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put him all in =\

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has 460 left, if I push he could easily fold this hand since he is not pot committed, is this the best move?
Old 06-07-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit, i want to add more, i guess:

so here's the thing, i'm assuming here that the op wants to have advice about getting more value out of the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Put him all in =\

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has 460 left, if I push he could easily fold this hand since he is not pot committed, is this the best move?

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands could he have called the flop bet for a big chunk of his stack with and then decide that he doesn't want to play that same hand for the rest of his stack, trying to triple up?

citanul
Old 06-07-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Put him all in =\

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

villain has 360 left. the t710 he starts with is before he posts the BB. if he had 460 i'd be more inclined to check.