Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2005, 08:28 AM

Default A few 2/4 hands

I haven't played a lot of full ring games lately so I decided to play some 2/4 and try to improve my discipline and generally the "robotic" part you require in full ring. However I found some very weak tights there and I couldn't resist going back to my old tricks - only a few times.

Hand 1:

I was running cold here so I was something like 13/0 for 30+ hands. Maybe I can try to steal:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

Hand 2

Only as an example of the kind of weak tight player I am talking about:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

I planned to raise him with any hand here. So he would think twice of trying to steal from me again. But I didn't expect him to fold.

Hand 3
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.
The guy has been agressive post flop. I would expect him to raise if he had the Jack

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds.

To be honest I didn't plan to C-R here. Until he bet. My read was that he doesnt have a J. He thought that I missed the flop and auto bet as PF raiser and the turn card did not help me so he tried to steal the pot.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB