Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Default I embarrass myself (content, wtf?)

Dunno anything about UTG; it's his first hand at the table. Button is 61/9/1.5 over several hundred hands. Honestly, that's the best you're going to get from me. I hadn't been paying attention at all to the table.

Someone tell me a better line. Also, feel free to laugh mercilessly.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (14 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 06-06-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: I embarrass myself (content, wtf?)

Ambitious.

Looks like you were going for a CR on the button, but UTG "foiled" your plan by betting.

I think pot is going to be large enough just to call the flop closing the action in lieu of a CR.

Turn.... meh. Got me. I suppose a follow up bet is needed, with a fold in the wake of resistance.

Had you turned a Club or Jack or 9, i check call.

River..... relatively speaking things haven't changed. And I certain am calling, so Bet and hope they fold - because quite frankly I don't think your good if you get called.

How'd I do.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you were going for a CR on the button, but UTG "foiled" your plan by betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

I think pot is going to be large enough just to call the flop closing the action in lieu of a CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but then what's your line for the rest of the hand?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:55 PM

I think I like your line fine. It's unfortunate that UTG ruined your plan, but given that he did, I think this is the best way to play it.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but then what's your line for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if intuitively I would guess I'm up against a better ten, which puts me in a pretty pooey spot. - or a Wheel Draw.

There are more combinations of better Tens than there are wheel draws, and the turn card certainly didn't improve my hand. There are 6 combinatios of worse Tens than mine, but two of them give him two pair.

Had I just check called the river, I probably check fold the turn absent a draw pick up.

Weak?

(FWIW, I actually think the CR made it easier to play this hand.)

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 08:16 PM

Interesting that your check-raise back-fired on the flop, but nice try. I'm guessing that utg had you outkicked, as he played his hand voluntarily.