Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 05:16 PM

Default rockets with a ugly board on a tight table

No specific reads (PV isn't working and i'm 4-tabling)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

SB ($21.97)
BB ($50)
UTG ($65.7)
UTG+1 ($44.75)
UTG+2 ($19.8)
MP1 ($47.45)
MP2 ($57.4)
MP3 ($57.4)
Hero ($88.63)
Button ($49.6)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls $6.

Flop: ($20) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $10</font>, Hero?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: rockets with a ugly board on a tight table

I hate the minraise/3bet preflop when it doesn't pot commit you. If you'd made a real raise, gotten limp/reraised, and 3bet, you would have committed yourself preflop and the actual cards on the flop would be irrelevant. As you played it, you've defined your hand to your opponent but he hasn't really defined his (though his limp/reraise is probably a big hand).

Best case scenario, he has AK without a club but everything else that limp/reraises has you in trouble (well, I guess QQ without a club isn't killing you, but even that has some outs).
Old 06-06-2005, 05:30 PM

so when he limp-raises to $3, your bet would be?

if you initially raise to $4 and he flat calls, whats your plan when he leads for $10?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so when he limp-raises to $3, your bet would be?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never minraised preflop so I don't know what I'd do if my minraise got limp/reraised.

[ QUOTE ]
if you initially raise to $4 and he flat calls, whats your plan when he leads for $10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I raise to $4 (8xBB) after 1 limper? I would raise to $2, then if he reraised to $6, I could make it $20 and commit us both to the pot. If I raise it to $2 and he just calls, there's only $5 in the pot on the flop. If he leads for 1/2- to full-pot, I can raise and fold to a reraise (which would be my most likely play). If he calls my flop raise, I'm probably done with the hand.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:49 PM

fair point, $20ish in the pot postflop really makes this a do or die situation, a raise commits me and i really didn't like the idea of calling a push, i folded.