Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Call to chop?

3-6 game at an underground club. Villain from MP raises it, 2 callers. SB folds, i look down at A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and decide to call. Villain is a bit of a maniac, not an experienced player.

flop comes A710 - I lead out and get 2 calls. 2nd caller in LP is a solid player for the game.

turn is another 10 - I decide to check and maybe think about folding to a bet. I thought I very well could have just been outdrawn. both players check. Now I think my hand is still good.

river is a 4 - no flush is possible. I lead out and as I am doing it I see villain reaching for his chips like he can hardly wait. He raises, LP calls and I study villain very hard, he is looking very strong all of a sudden. He is squirming in his seat... I decide no way I am good at this point and fold it. Thinking one of them must have a8 or better, or even a 10. I am aware that I have good odds to call for one more bet considering the pot size, and what i have invested. However, my thought process told me that like 9/10 times I am beat, and at best maybe a chop? Did I make a bad play any time here? Maybe bet the turn and fold to a raise? Results posted in white.

<font color="white">Villain flips over a4, LP flips up a6, after thinking about it, I still think I made the right decision. I also consider my read of strength on villain to possibly be correct, considering that he was new to the club, and extremely nervous, perhaps he misread the board and thought he made 2 pair on the river? otherwise his raise seems crazy. </font>

thx, any advice appreciated. Kyle
Old 06-06-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Call to chop?

counting on a sub seven kicker to chop is a not a good idea.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Call to chop?

I think you mean this for the small stakes forum, unless this is 300/600 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]