Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Tough call?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter

MP1 (t1530)
MP2 (t1100)
CO (t835)
Button (t1525)
SB (t1595)
Hero (t775)
UTG (t640)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t135) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t135) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t50</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls t50.

River: (t235) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets 100, villain thinks for a couple of moments, and pushes. Call? </font>

Final Pot: t235
Old 06-05-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Tough call?

Why not raise the turn?

What buy in?

If memory serves your a 22 player, so i call this twice a day and 3 times on sunday.

Phill
Old 06-05-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the turn?

What buy in?

If memory serves your a 22 player, so i call this twice a day and 3 times on sunday.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not play $22s, unless I'm trying to learn something. I play a ton of $33s right now as I learn to 6 &amp; 8 table. I will try and remember to do a better job with buyins.

I didn't raise the turn because I had thought this donk was on a flush draw, and I'm confident that they will chase any bet I make. That being said, I can see how raising would have let me know if this donk had something else. My instincts tell me this is a busted flush draw, but I don't know.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise the turn because I had thought this donk was on a flush draw, and I'm confident that they will chase any bet I make.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I *would* raise the turn.

and yah, I call the river.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:42 PM

Trust in the force and go with your instincts.

And no offense meant regarding buy ins.

You still havent stated the buy in [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but im assuming its a 30. In which case i insta-call.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise the turn because I had thought this donk was on a flush draw, and I'm confident that they will chase any bet I make. That being said, I can see how raising would have let me know if this donk had something else. My instincts tell me this is a busted flush draw, but I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You basicly answered yourself here.

Phill
Old 06-05-2005, 11:47 PM

I would definitely call the river.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the turn?

What buy in?

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not play $22s, unless I'm trying to learn something. I play a ton of $33s right now as I learn to 6 &amp; 8 table. I will try and remember to do a better job with buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you not want to charge your opponent when they are drawing? That goes against every poker concept in the book! You want to wait until he no longer has anything to bet into him?? Also if hes such a donk, make an extraordinarily large turn bet/raise to make it even more +EV.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:24 AM

Charge him for his draw. It gives info and helps avoid this river decision. If he's a donk and calls big on turn and hits it there's nothing you can do you played it right. But don't give him the freebee on his draw that's just crazy.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:04 AM

Curtains, during my current streak, I've been thinking about something.

I need to learn to "play the people." So I'm doing more than just playing my cards. Any thoughts? Donk calls most any bet here, including allin, IMO.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to learn to "play the people." So I'm doing more than just playing my cards. Any thoughts? Donk calls most any bet here, including allin, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a good thing...