Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: A couple of questions

As per usual I played my home game on a sat night, 20$ buy in 25./50 cent blinds. Anyway, as per a question I posted last night regarding the game, I decided to enter tonight planning on playing a more LAGGY style than usual. The night started off well, but as the night progressed, I ended up in a pecular sitation.

I was in a fish calling station sandwich, with one on my left and one on my right. How do I handle this? I believe it is make them pay with my premium holdings, but is there any other way to capitalize?

The situation got more complex as the night went on. I was still in the calling station sandwich, and had managed to gain the chip lead, and then my main villian a few hands later became the second largest stack. Worse off, he made it common knowledge he was gunning for my chips, and will play nearly ATC against me.

Villian was 2 seats from me, so he was in the BB as I was the button. True to his word, he called any pf raise I made, with ATC. As the flops would come down, I would miss and he would take money as i couldnt narrow anything down. I have two questions in this situation.

1. Was it just unfortunate that I miised all the raised flops? Should I be raising more in this situation.
2. Since he is the only player with a stack to stack me, should I try to avoid him in most situations with marginal edges?