Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 01:49 AM

Default big draw out of position against a lag

villain is a big lag 60/40 and hardly ever goes to showdown
I have a note that villain min raises pf with big pairs. which means I don't have much fold equity on this push but I figure I've got somewhere between 14 and 16 outs (because other player may be on a flush draw, or he may be on a set or he may also be on an overpair).

What are your thoughts on this hand. I think its got some pretty interesting intricacies.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($50.67)
Hero ($74.39)
MP ($28.55)
CO ($161.29)
Button ($34.69)
SB ($38.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50.

Flop: ($5.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, CO raises all in to $22.55, villain calls, hero pushes, villain calls.

Final Pot: $93.64
Old 06-04-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: big draw out of position against a lag

I'm assuming MP pushed, CO called and you pushed? If so, fine. Your flush and gutshot outs are probably good, even if you're trip outs aren't, and they almost certainly are against CO so you can win a decent side pot here with your push.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:03 AM

yeah, sorry about the hand history, that is exactly what happened
Old 06-04-2005, 02:09 AM

If you're confident about your read of big cards then getting villain all in is exactly what you want. You're 60/40 ahead of any overpair (55/45 against PsPx) and 60/40 against any higher flush draw.

Potentially the flop raise could be a problem. What if villain decides to stop and go with his overpair? Then you've put $15 in the pot and you're OOP with a weak draw. Once again if you're confident of getting villain all in on the flop it's fine.

&lt;edit&gt; I think the hand history screwed up again It says CO is all in with less than his stack, villain called with his smaller stack(MP? - not the PF raiser) and then you push. I'm guessing MP pushed all in, and CO(villain) flat called and then you pushed&lt;edit&gt;