Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 11:12 PM

Default More Post flop play

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

MP1 (t870)
MP2 (t775)
MP3 (t1435)
CO (t1010)
Button (t925)
SB (t770)
Hero (t775)
UTG (t750)
UTG+1 (t690)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t150</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t300
Old 06-02-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: More Post flop play

I bet t50-60 on the flop, and depending on opponent's skill at your buy-in, I probably either fold, or raise-push. Surprisingly, you will be called by weaker hands, though perhaps not too often.

I think the biggest leak here is betting pot-sized on the flop. No reason not to bet 2/3rd's or 3/4th's here.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:18 PM

I think you have to bet out to find out where you are, I would probably bet 60 but pot size seems fine.

Once you are raised, villain either has a set or an overpair pretty easy fold.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:50 PM

Good play. 3/4 pot would work as well though I would think.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:06 AM

I would bet less. One thing I've been trying in this situation is to bet small in preparation for a min-raise from somebody that thinks you are just trying to steal the pot. This way, I can re-raise him a decent amount to scare him off or if he pushes back I can get safely get away from the hand. So a bet of 45-55 would do if if you want to reraise it to 225. Again, I'm not saying this is a good idea, just something I'm trying when the situation occurs. heads-up.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:58 PM

buy in?

since there are only two people seeing this flop he probably thought you were bluffing. in my experience this means he has the 8 as well and usually nothing better. the question is whos kicker is better.
id fold this againist an unknown and be pissed because he probably has 98 or something
Old 06-03-2005, 05:17 PM

Check the flop. Your hand is essentially a bluff because UTG isn't calling with any hands you beat. If UTG comes back with a reasonable bet just let it go.

Your hand is pretty crappy, don't feel bad about folding TP crap kicker without a fight. Leading from the blinds pretty much sucks most of the time because it can have you laying down the best hand a large percentage of the time against opponents that overvalue their holdings. Fortunately, that also means that leading from the blinds with a monster will get you paid large.

Also, don't worry about betting for information. UTG will tell you what he has based on his betting patterns. If he's a bluffing idiot there are better places to tangle with him, save your chips.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop. Your hand is essentially a bluff because UTG isn't calling with any hands you beat. If UTG comes back with a reasonable bet just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ, AQ, AJ I think call
Old 06-03-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ, AQ, AJ I think call

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thats fine. It's also irrelevant because a flat call on that flop will scare the sh*t out of Scuba and he'll check the turn and hand the pot over to UTG.

I repeat, your hand sucks. Why do you want to seize impetus on this flop? What are you going to do with it once you have it? Oh man, look at me living up to my loc... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 05:59 PM

I think it is worth noting. Say he calls and checks behind turn, I'd be more likely to call river.

Still I agree leading for 75 isn't best.