Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Episode Three was Terrible (spoilers)

I'm tired of all the good reviews, I can't believe people liked this movie. Better than episode 1 and 2 does not make it good, episode one and two were just slightly better than having your balls placed in a vice, it's all relative.

Here is my list of reasons...

1. "You won't escape this time" was said by Obi-wan 54 times

2. R2-D2's whole ass-kicking at the start of the moive was so stupid, George trying to be funny and cute again, last time that happened we got Jar-Jar.

3. Anakins turning to the dark-side was initially slow and looked like it was gonna be put together in a rational way, then suddenly, BAM! "I will do whatever you say master!" So close, yet so far, George.

4. There's no gravity nor air resistance in space, and yet if you watch the space battles... ok, i'm pedantic, but it annoys me.

5. The technology in Episodes 1-3 is more advanced than in the originals, just cause you have CGI doesn't mean you should [censored] on the continuity of the world you created.

[Edit: I mean the technology used by the characters not the technology used to creat the movies.]

6. The saber battles were weak, duel of the fates was way better.

7. The dialogue. HAHAHAHAHHAAH.... pathetic.

8. When padme gives birth, the naming of the children was stupid.

9. The technology to save Anakin after he almost drowns in lava is readily available, but padma can't be saved from simple birth complications??!?!?!

10. "NOOOOO!" hahahah, awesome writing.

11. Windu was killed too quick.

12. The jedi were killed too quick, and not a single one of them sense the fact that they were ALL about to die, except yoda.

13. Grevious had nothing on Darth Maul, or any character a 5 year old could make up for that matter.

14. The good guys are captured, unable to escape, and taken to see Grevious, but once they get there they can suddenly escape, the droids that were guarding them are now gone, only 3 remain, which they can kill easily.

15. The action was lame, akin to episode 1, especially whe obi-wan fight grevious.

I could go on... The only redeeming scenes were when Anakin killed Dooku and when Anakin talked to Palpatine in the theater place about how the Jedi and Sith are quite similar.

Anyways, another slap in the face to StarWars fans.

/end rant
Old 06-01-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Episode Three was Terrible (spoilers)

/agree with all of the above. I gave this movie a 3/10.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

5. The technology in Episodes 1-3 is more advanced than in the originals, just cause you have CGI doesn't mean you should [censored] on the continuity of the world you created.

[Edit: I mean the technology used by the characters not the technology used to creat the movies.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this since Episode I and came up with the following. Durring the first episodes (I-III) the galaxy is prosperous and, with the few exceptions, peacefull. Durring episodes IV-VI they're fighting as part of a rebellion. Wars cost money! Perhaps they could not afford all the technology they once had.

Secondly, the Death Star. If you can find something more technologically advanced than that in episodes I-III let me know.

I'm not trying to argue with your post... I'm just trying to shed a little light on some points that could possibly explain this certain complaint.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:55 AM

I've forwarded your comments to George Lucas, and he was so upset, he said he'll never make another Star Wars movie. Are you happy now?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
9. The technology to save Anakin after he almost drowns in lava is readily available, but padma can't be saved from simple birth complications??!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with a lot of your list, but you missed the point here.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:00 AM

"Wars cost money! Perhaps they could not afford all the technology they once had."

I disagree, you'll find that, atleast in the real world, wars MAKE money and lead to teh advancement of technology.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you tell me what i missed? Was it the fact that she died from the loss of her lover rather than something physical? Because that would be rather poetic irony on fate, seeing as she lost Anakin becuase he wanted to save her, yet he wouldn't have to save her if he hadn't tried to save her... which would make the movie fatalistic... interesting...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you tell me what i missed? Was it the fact that she died from the loss of her lover rather than something physical? Because that would be rather poetic irony on fate, seeing as she lost Anakin becuase he wanted to save her, yet he wouldn't have to save her if he hadn't tried to save her... which would make the movie fatalistic... interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

"There's nothing physically wrong with her, she seems to have lost the will to live", or something like that.

Despite the fact that rogue Jedis in hiding probably don't have the same technology that the Emperor has at his disposal, technology had nothing to do with it.

Edit: It's still a dumb premise IMO. She did just give birth to two children, which should give her plenty of will to live.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was the point. When Anakin went to the dark side, she gave up her will to live. Therein lies the situation you described above.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:14 AM

Yeah, you're right, I remeber that line, the technology argument is invalid, still an awful scene.

Man SWE3 came out here in Hong Kong before Sin City, how wierd is that? Gonna go see Sin City tomorrow, really excited, should be a visual masterpiece.