Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Completing the SB

I've been reviewing a lot of hand histories over the last couple of months in coaching players, helping friends improve and also swapping with other sup bro?'s to plug leaks...and i've noticed something in most other peoples play that at first i thought was a leak of theirs, and now i'm thinking may be a leak of my own and wanted to toss it out there for ya'll and see what is the 'norm'.

So here is the question...

What are your calling standards from the SB in the following situation:

$33 Buy-In...LVL 3...8 Players...t950....three limpers

I would complete with any ace, K7+ Q8+, any pair, any straight flush cards, any connector 56+, any one gap 57+, any big little suited...all of these types of hands.

The pot odds are large and the price to enter is small...leak? Or is it a leak to be folding these?

What about with less limpers? What about with more?

With less I complete with any A or K and remove all of the low drawing hands. With more I don't complete with any A or K and I broaden range to any suited cards and most str8 cards.

Andre
Old 05-31-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Completing the SB

It may be a leak, but I'm a tight fcuk from my SB. I'll complete with crap like Axs and suited connectors and some other decent hands, but I have no desire to play somehting like K7 from the worst position.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:24 AM

I was under the impression that you have pot odds to complete the SB with almost any two cards if there are 3+ limpers in front of you.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:27 AM

Don't worry nottom, Im folding K7 and Q8 in those situations too in SNGs.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:31 AM

ya that was my hunch...and why i posted this

most HH's i saw, the ppl were folding them too...u+nottom=i have a leak

thx guys

Andre
Old 05-31-2005, 05:35 AM

So lemme get this straight (bear with me....my brain is jacked from 400 stts)....you are 'coaching' players...and giving them advice. And from *their* HHs, you realize you have a *very* basic and obvious leak like completing too many hands in the SB on l3???

That's great!

BWahahahahhahahHWHAHAHAHAHhahahahah!

SHIP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

3u0

Yugoslav
Old 05-31-2005, 05:39 AM

si senor

i'm a bubble/HU/ITM pro...i pay the rake on the flop and early tourney, i advertise my services as such.

nottom+curtains+yugo=i definately have a leak lol

Andre
Old 05-31-2005, 05:41 AM

I'll complete from the small blind on level 3 with AXs and connectors. Not with something that is tricky and doesn't play well multi-way like K7.

I play this way cuz I know don't want to play a hand multiway with say K7, flop a K and not be able to bet it strong out of position and with a terrible kicker. If I put myself in situations like that too often, I'm bound to screw the pooch.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll complete from the small blind on level 3 with AXs and connectors. Not with something that is tricky and doesn't play well multi-way like K7.

I play this way cuz I know don't want to play a hand multiway with say K7, flop a K and not be able to bet it strong out of position and with a terrible kicker. If I put myself in situations like that too often, I'm bound to screw the pooch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those hands you mentioned don't play well 'multi-way.'

Sorry.

Yugoslav
Old 05-31-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those hands you mentioned don't play well 'multi-way.'

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are 2 or 3 limpers, completing on level 3 from the SB makes sense even with small connectors. I don't see how a connector or AXs is not worth playing when getting 6:1 or better to complete. They do play well multi-way in that it is easy to know where you're at. Obviously, I'm not going to get excited about flopping middle pair, but the straight and flush possiblities with these hands play very well mult-way and for a cheap price.