Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 03:34 AM

Default I don\'t mean to sound insensitive, but...

Is it really necessary to hear about this crisis every minute of every hour of every day on every TV station?

I mean, I'm as concerned with the proceedings as the next guy, but I guess it's just that I wish I had an escape from it. It's somewhat depressing to see news of the crisis televised all the time. Is it really necessary for MTV or ESPN to pre-empt their regular programming to bring live church proceedings to you?

I don't know the answer to this, and I definitely feel like I'm in the minority here. Maybe I'm just the insensitive one.
Old 09-15-2001, 04:19 AM

Default your answer

Not sure if the NFL will be playing this Monday or not. I believe that the networks will be returning to normal programming either this Sunday or Monday. MLB resumes on Monday. Pro and College football will resume next Thur or Sat the latest.
Old 09-15-2001, 11:00 AM

Default George, what do you suggest? nm

nm
Old 09-15-2001, 11:35 AM

Default Re: I don\'t mean to sound insensitive, but...

It gets to be a little much for me, as well, especially when with hundreds of "reporters" on the scene no one can get the story right.

You know the coverage is more intense than breaking developments warrant when interviewers ask rescue workers, "So, have you ever seen anything like this?"

Also, how many times do we have to see a family who has someone missing be tormented with the questions, "So, are you giving up hope?" Even MYV shows a bit more class than that.
Old 09-15-2001, 03:01 PM

Default Re: I don\'t mean to sound insensitive, but...

This reminds me of when I was a kid. The teacher announced that the president had been shot, and that school had been canceled. Like a good Mouseketeer, I rushed home anticipating an afternoon of great TV. Of course, for the next three days, there was nothing on but coverage of the shooting and the funeral.

Back then, there were only four channels. At least you have cable (or satellite, like me).
Old 09-15-2001, 09:12 PM

Default I don\'t mean to sound insensitive either, but...

...this just may have saved Gary Condit's career.