Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Nutflush draw multiway.

Live 1/2 game 10 handed.

UTG has ~$65 No real reads, he's a young player that doesn't seeem to get out of line.

CO has ~$170 and is somewhat of a LAG. he likes to make raises with lots of hands preflop and gets himself committed with TPTK type hands postflop. He's bluffed me out of a few pots before checkraising 2nd pair and other marginal holdings.

Hero has both opponents covered.

6 limpers, i have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the big blind and i check.

Flop comes: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet out the pot, UTG pushes. CO calls. What's your move?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Nutflush draw multiway.

Get as much money as possible in the pot - reraise all-in.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:20 PM

Push.

I'm betting you are against T9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 56, TJ, a set, two pair or something like that. Against most combinations of those you have way more than 33% pot equity.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Nutflush draw multiway. results.

these multiway pots with big sidepots always give me some trouble since i have to calculate for equity in the headsup pot in the heat of battle and i do tend to just push all my money in right then and there. do you play it differently if CO and I each have $300 more behind after calling UTG's push?
In most cases I'll have about 40% equity versus CO with little to no folding equity.
results:
UTG has 76o for two pair
CO has JTo for a straight
neither had any spades and i found no help on the turn and river.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:58 PM

Dont bet a flush draw into 6 limpers. Check and see what the action looks like coming back to you.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Nutflush draw multiway. results.

[ QUOTE ]
these multiway pots with big sidepots always give me some trouble since i have to calculate for equity in the headsup pot in the heat of battle and i do tend to just push all my money in right then and there. do you play it differently if CO and I each have $300 more behind after calling UTG's push?
In most cases I'll have about 40% equity versus CO with little to no folding equity.
results:
UTG has 76o for two pair
CO has JTo for a straight
neither had any spades and i found no help on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can definitely call the flop if you and CO are deep enough, but you really hate to fold a brick turn here. Your draw is very good, even against the nuts you are 40% so I find it really difficult to find a fold anywhere. I think you played it fine.