Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 06:15 PM

Default KK -- Party Poker $25 NL

Are you guys all-in preflop with this or not ? Seems lately, I just can't pull the All-in trigger with this because I'm so afraid the player has AA. I've been on a terrible downswing lately. I imagine most of you would be happy to push preflop with KK , right ? 40 to 1 to be up against AA .

I lost my testicles today. I had KK. MP raises (30 % vpip 8 %pfr) to $2 . I reraise to $6 preflop. He calls.

Flop: 9 Q 9 .

I bet out $7 in SB .
He raises me all-in for $23

I'm like . Whoa. Would AQ do this ? So I let the timer run and run. I should be happy to put my money in here but I'm dumb and thinking of past pains. Timer runs and runs and gets to 8 seconds and all of a sudden turn and river card come out. I'm like "what happened". Turns out that Party Poker used my disconnect all-in protection for me. I've never had that happen to me before. I guess they figured that my internet connection went out. That was wierd. I should have made $16 more right there because he did have A Q . I guess I gave the guy too much credit. Any suggestions ? Where do I find my testicles again ?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: KK -- Party Poker $25 NL

With 100 x BB stacks, this probably isn't as + EV as it once was if it is even + EV at all.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:37 PM

WTF. where is everyone ?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:46 PM

What exactly did you want to happen? I doubt he raised with something that would have a 9 in it, I doubt he would push with the nut boat (QQ), and you are getting almost 2 to 1 pot against his having Aces (You said 40 to 1 for AA). If he does, so be it, I am in this one everytime. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Da Fly
Old 05-25-2005, 11:48 PM

the KK question. I know I [censored] up on the other one.