Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 11:22 AM

Default gap

Whats wrong with just playing Gap, as described in Harrington's book Vol 1? I have played that way from $5's, - $100's, in MTT online, and in vegas. I have been successful in each of them. Yes, you can make reads and moves, but basic strategy seems to win. Yes, bubble play is difficult and you have to press a bit. I just don't understand all the questions here... such as.. I have 72 offsuit, UTG, no reads.... is this a push? I just don't get it. I have a ton to learn and I am not trying to be a prick, like many of my posts. I'm simply on the same journey as many here trying to become the best player I can be.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: gap

is there a question there?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:34 AM

What online site offers this game called "Gap" and are there lots of fish in it? What kind of ROI can I expect per table of "Gap"?

jk.

Uh, questions like "should I push 72o UTG?" as you put them are questions about the gap. Playing "straightforward" sng poker, which I'm assuming is what you're trying to get at, is a very reasonable way to make profit at basically all of the sngs up to a certain buyin level. This has been being discussed a lot lately. The point is that by adding more weapons to your arsenal, you can beat the games for MORE.

In other words, while you might be talking about a strategy that is +EV, it is not optimal.

BTW, I think that playing the party sngs in any way as advanced by Harrington on Holdem is probably a pretty bad idea.

citanul
Old 05-25-2005, 11:35 AM

Yes there is:

Whats wrong with just playing Gap, as described in Harrington's book Vol 1?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:45 AM

Don't worry about Degen, he's the class clown. The rest of us were able to find the question marks pretty easilly. I think I pretty well answered your question, though I could be wrong.

Have a good one.

citanul
Old 05-25-2005, 01:12 PM

thank you for your candid feedback.