Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2002, 04:28 PM

Default 10-20: A questionable TT hand

I'm in LP with T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . A poor, loose aggressive player in EP opens for a raise. I 3 bet, both blinds call as does EP. SB is a total unknown to me.

Flop: Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check, EP bets and I raise. SB calls 2 cold, BB folds.

Turn: [Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, both call.

River: [Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, EP calls, I call.

Thoughts?
Old 12-12-2002, 04:40 PM

Default Re: 10-20: A questionable TT hand

JTG51:
It's easy to believe that you're ahead until the river. When SB lead-bets into 2 opponents after check-calling up to then, I think you have to figure SB's hand was improved in a big way by the river card (the 2c). And that pretty much means a flush -- but it's worth calling to be sure and to find out what kind of hand SB will check-call with preflop, on the flop and on the turn. I'd expect EP to turn up with either one or possibly two pairs.

Gino
Old 12-12-2002, 04:47 PM

Not much to say, but I like your overcall on the river. On the turn, it looks like SB is on a draw, but you have too much to fold.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:17 PM

my guess is that you are beat by SB, AcXc or something like KcJc, KcTc... in the live ring game where I normally play, this is prolly a very easy river laydown.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:29 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i think anybody that calls a set an easy laydown here needs to get their head examined :|
Old 12-12-2002, 06:13 PM

SB calls 2+ cold pre-flop, 2 cold on the flop, calls the turn, then bets the river. Obviously, this smells like Ac[Big]c. But there's a hope it's something like AcKs that missed both backdoors and is betting out on the scare card. Or something like AQ or 99.

I think you're in second place, but you have to overcall here.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:17 PM

I think you played fine.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:58 AM

Do you really think it's ever easy to fold a set for 1 bet on the river? Are your opponents that straight forward? I agree that I'm probably beaten here, but I don't think it's an easy fold.

I think I remember a 2+2 poster (possibly Clarkmeister?) saying that if you never fold a set you probably aren't too far from optimal play. I've always tended to agree with that, only folding sets in the most obvious circumstances.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:57 AM

I think you shouldn't play with a deck that contains two T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 's
Old 12-13-2002, 04:31 AM

This comment is to the twoplustwo forum as "You play that garbage?" is to playing live.