Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2002, 04:37 PM

Default Table change! : 15-30 Quiz

This is why tough, tight games suck.

6 players see the flop. This is very weird, as almost every flop is 3-handed.

Flop 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets. (BB, by the way, is the tightest player in the world. I've only seen him raise pre-flop with AA and KK, and I can't remember ever seeing a worse hand fom him than TT.). MP raises. LP folds. Cutoff folds. Button calls. SB folds.

Turn 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks. MP checks. Button checks.

River 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets. Button thinks for about 2 minutes and finally calls.

Anyone want to take a guess at what type of hands people had? (ie: overpair/set/flush/flush draw/etc.)
Old 12-11-2002, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Table change! : 15-30 Quiz

My guess is that the BB held Ah and a black king.
MP held an eight.
Button had a straight draw.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:31 PM

BB: King high flush
flop raiser: Set of 8's
Button: Ace of hearts
Old 12-11-2002, 07:34 PM

I misread.

Button: 3 8's
MP: AhJs
Old 12-11-2002, 10:19 PM

I put BB on 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . Button won with 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] .
Old 12-12-2002, 05:10 PM

Default Gold star to mikelow

Wow, that was pretty close. I'm glad I don't have to play with people who can analyze a hand that well.

The table was pretty much all regulars. On this hand, everyone laughed/sighed and showed their cards to a neighbor before mucking.

MP limped in and raised the flop w/ J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
LP limped in and folded 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
I limped in cutoff and folded Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Don't know what SB had.

BB limped in and bet the flop w/ A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Button called on the river to take it down with 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

After the hand everyone thought it was pretty amusing that AA/JJ/TT/QQ were all out and nobody raised pre-flop.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:43 PM

Default Thanks!

One of my goals on this forum is to improve hand reading skills, and I welcome posts that give me the opportunity.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:01 PM

Table change is right. Where was this game? Any game of 10-20 or higher is usually capped pre-flop with hands like these or even worse. Good post.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:48 AM

This game was at one of the loosest, craziest poker rooms around, Artichoke Joe's near San Francisco.

This was a real anomaly due to two early evening games starting to break at the same time before the nighttime gamblers started to show up. Because of that, this table ended up having some tough nighttime regulars plus some tough daytime regulars. Not a good place to be.

I smelled something fishy when two players limped to me in cutoff and luckily followed suit with my queens.

There was quite a bit of interesting conversation about this hand and how it might have played out had anyone raised pre-flop and how various players might have taken it down with post-flop aggression.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Gold star to mikelow

You claim the game is tough but noone raised preflop with all those hands?? Come on! You are basically claiming the game is full of tight tough players just because a bunch of good hads were dealt at once. Give me a break. Table change, yes - to this table! Let me have a go at these passive dorks, especially you who limped with QQ!