Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2002, 10:04 AM

Default interesting hand

semi aggressive/loose online game last night. I'm winning handily playing good cards- I haven't had to show a semi bluff that got there or a bust in about 2 hrs. Yet, it doesn't stop people cold calling my open raises...

I open raise UTG +2 with 99. 4 people cold call, the sb calls. 6 to the flop. Flop is QQQ, sb bets out. I'm pretty sure I'm in the lead here, a bigger pocket pair behind would have 3 bet. Yet, the 4th Q could be out there and then I'm drawing dead. The Sb could have AQ, KQ, or Q6 sooted- I don't know. Furthermore, many free cards can beat me. I just call, with so many to act behind I wanted to see what the others will do. I did consider a raise but ultimately didn't go for it. Only one caller behind. Hmmm, now I feel a little better.

1. Comments on the flop call? I see merits to both a raise and a smooth call.

Turn is a 4, Sb bets again. Same logic applies here- I might be drawing dead, but free cards can kill me too. And WTF is the guy behind me just calling with? Here we'll see if he's got a Q... I smooth call again and he just calls. OK, he probably doesn't have a Q.

2. Anyone raise the turn here?

Here's where it really gets interesting... River is the case Q, board QQQ4Q. I know I'm dead. One of these chasers has to have overcards in his hand (an overcard being a 10 or higher in this case), and I curse myself for not pounding on the flop and/or turn. SB checks, I check planning to check/fold, and last guy... checks? OK, well I still must be beat. I even type in, "I lose".

SB- 66. Me- 99. Last guy... mucks with out showing. WTF?!

In retropsect he must have had a smaller pocket pair. In retrospect I played really badly here. This game is so funny sometimes... 9 high takes it down [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Flame away.

Leon