Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Poker Prophecy Software

Anyone using the Poker Prophecy software. Is it bogus or useful? It tracks the win rates for SNGs on empire and PP. It looks like it might be helpful in knowing something about your opponent. I am curious if anyone else is using it.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Poker Prophecy Software

(a) For the most part, PokerProphecy bites. It doesn't perform anywhere near as wonderfully as the claims made about it on their webpage. It can provide some limited useful data, however. Caveat emptor.

(2) Use the search function above and you'll find more posts about PokerProphecy than you will ever care to read.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:55 PM

I'm hoping you'll figure out what to do when you get here.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:59 PM

I was going to make a post to update people on this. I changed my username the other day. Since then I have played 46 SNG's. It has picked up 13. The comment was made at one time that you could use it to determine someone who has played a large number of sng's. I guess that's true, but when you see someone who has played 1000, does it mean a 1000 or 4000? It was 5% high on my itm, which could be the differance between a winning and losing player.

I have my ideas as to why it's off this much, but that's not the subject.
Later,
Rick
Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM

I tried the search feature first but put a space between poker and porphecy and got no posts. I tried it the other way and got a lot of reading to do. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to make a post to update people on this. I changed my username the other day. Since then I have played 46 SNG's. It has picked up 13. The comment was made at one time that you could use it to determine someone who has played a large number of sng's. I guess that's true, but when you see someone who has played 1000, does it mean a 1000 or 4000? It was 5% high on my itm, which could be the differance between a winning and losing player.

I have my ideas as to why it's off this much, but that's not the subject.
Later,
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be lying. I've gotten thousands of helpful and informative messages while playing on Party skins that tell me that the win-loss records are complete. Also, very helpful representatives from EvilCo have come on this website to assure us that if you ever notice that they aren't tracking that many of your games or not tracking them accurately that A) you are lying, B) it was only a one time problem, and C) they have already fixed it.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:22 PM

it seems to me that it would be useful in cetain situations. Weak players for the most part play loose either passive or aggressive. Wouldn't it be helpful to know how well someone has been playing prior to making a call against a large bet. As long as the info is accurate I think it would be helpful. They let you sample 5 people's names. I found it helpful on making a call against a loose aggressive player. He had a win rate of 21%. I had K10 in BB. Blinds were 15/30. He was in the CO and min raised. We were 7 handed. I called. Flop was K 7 3 rainbow. I checked he went all in. I checked his win rate. Called based on the fact that he had a 21% Win rate. He showed K8, and I took down the pot. It was helpful in this one situation. I have an N of 1 though. Before I buy the software I wanted to know if anyone else is using this software to make tough calls like this. The large overbet was also a signal that this guy was a fish, but if he would have had a win rate of >40% I probably wouldn't have called.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:07 PM

it is currently useless for table selection. PP relies on PArty software for updates. and you know how bad Party software is. it might list 1 player at the table, but when you double click to see the table, there might be 8 players already sitting there.

and PP is useless for multitabling selection. once you sit at a table, it will only give you stats on that table.

so if you 4 table, and *IF* party software updates fast enough that you PP is able to retrieve names from the tables, it'll only help with table selection for 1 table.

you'll have to manually enter names for the other 3 tables. that is a pain, and is inconvienent. not to mention that you'll only have time to enter like 2 names before the table fills up.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:15 PM

You'll have better luck datamining with PT than poker non-prophecy. Of course feel free to look me up (grimel) and follow it's guidelines.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:29 PM

everybody here hates it. I hate it. Its inaccurate as anything and seems to be getting worse lately. They claim you can get it to show up on the table like at their website but that only works at party poker (where i dont play) and only works if you have 1 table going which I never do.

that said i paid 20 bucks for it and use it as entertainment to see the guy calling me a moron douchbag loser kusty's 10% itm. i have used it early and some dude goes all in and i have say qq or ak or something. if hes got a 10% winrate I probably have him beat. to be cliche i've probably paid for it and then some in situations like that.