Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Mid-Tournament Aggression

In the past two or three tournaments, I've gotten myself a pretty decent stack middle of the tournament and proceeded to play very aggressive in late position. In the past this has worked out for me great.

But lately this aggressiveness has been biting me in the ass. Everyone has been playing back at me and check-raising me every time they call and see a flop.

I took a month break from poker to finish out the school year and feel like maybe I've forgotten some vital concepts of tournament play. I know the aggresion is right, but maybe I'm taking it too far? Maybe I've just been unlucky and been running into big hands too often...

Perhaps I should be taking it easy and being aggressive more often in other positions than just button and CO? If anyone has the infamous eMarkM post on MTTs, I'd love it if someone would post the link here, I can't seem to find it.

I wish I had a more direct question to ask, but I don't. Perhaps just looking for some thoughts about how aggressive to be, and when to slow down. And looking for the eMarkM post...

Eto...
Old 05-15-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Mid-Tournament Aggression

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...=14&fpart=
Old 05-15-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Mid-Tournament Aggression

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I've just been unlucky and been running into big hands too often...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should consider the possibility that you were running lucky before, when it was working, and that the cards are evening out now.

Anyway, it's probably just a tweak necessary, nothing too significant.