Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Making a documentary about poker players

I just watched this documentary called "Spellbound," about these kids who go to the Spelling Bee nationals.

Now hear me out now.

I don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but for those that have, if any, I wonder what it would be like if somebody made a documentary on poker players (or a sub-culture of poker players, such as college kids).

For example, if they made a documentary about college kids who play poker, going around the country and finding kids from different schools, race, socio-economic backgrounds, etc, exploring what drives them to want to play poker, and what all that says about America and the American dream.

Just thought it'd be a cool idea.

Say what you want.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Documentary

Poker's inherently an interesting thing. It's kind of the whole American dream wrapped up in a small package, with plenty of the downside aspect readily apparent. Lots of drama. I'd watch a whole miniseries on it, and then be ready for the next one.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:39 AM

Exactly. The ideology of poker is akin to that of the American dream, in many ways. And who better to act as an embodiment of than quest, than college kids.

Man, I should try to find funding for a project like this.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I should try to find funding for a project like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and every other donk with a camera and some free time.

Not to be rude, but this is kind of like deciding to do a documentary on school bullies after the Columbine massacre.

NT
Old 05-15-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Making a documentary about poker players

if you were going to do this, id probally be a perfect candidate. in terms of the american dream, i wanted to 'head west', and i did, all the way to the eastern hemisphere, asia.

im 19. have no desire to return to the west or college. i am incredibley talanted, and cocky, and unapologetic.

i am also interested in filmmaking, and might be interested in working with some people on putting this sort of thing together.

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched this documentary called "Spellbound," about these kids who go to the Spelling Bee nationals.

Now hear me out now.

I don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but for those that have, if any, I wonder what it would be like if somebody made a documentary on poker players (or a sub-culture of poker players, such as college kids).

For example, if they made a documentary about college kids who play poker, going around the country and finding kids from different schools, race, socio-economic backgrounds, etc, exploring what drives them to want to play poker, and what all that says about America and the American dream.

Just thought it'd be a cool idea.

Say what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-15-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you were going to do this, id probally be a perfect candidate. in terms of the american dream, i wanted to 'head west', and i did, all the way to the eastern hemisphere, asia.

im 19. have no desire to return to the west or college. i am incredibley talanted, and cocky, and unapologetic.

i am also interested in filmmaking, and might be interested in working with some people on putting this sort of thing together.

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

[comment about stealing money]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT
Old 05-15-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime i get in apissing match online i end up challenging said cock to heads up 5K match.

all declined as of yet.

you?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:16 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime i get in apissing match online i end up challenging said cock to heads up 5K match.

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he will pass, but i'm sure he would challege you to a fight. i'm sure you would pass though.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he will pass, but i'm sure he would challege you to a fight. i'm sure you would pass though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the difference is that my challenge is actually serious.

daryn you are like the biggest, ugliest cock-sucker on this site. you know that?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be the only person on this board willing to admit he doesn't have anywhere near 5k in his bankroll and has no interest in a decidedly -EV play just because some guy can't take the heat from OOT.

I stand by my well-thought out, subtle, carefully crafted opinion.

EDIT: And I would be willing to fight almost anyone in OOT in mixed martial arts any day of the week. There are a few I know who would hand my ass to me but they know who they are. Not to say I could beat everyone here, but I doubt there are more than a handful where I wouldn't even be able to defend myself from serious harm.

NT