Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Old Pacific Coast League Baseball--What\'s it worth?

Many signatures:

Rogers Hornsby, Samuel Crawford, and Jack Powell are the only ones that I recognize. Many are illegible due to fade and poor penmanship. I have no idea what this would go for.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Old Pacific Coast League Baseball--What\'s it worth?

sorry but if theyre faded and there are losers mixed in with the HOFers then the ball isnt worth much...

technically though your item is 1 of a kind so I guess the answer is that it is worth exactly the price that the highest bidder is willing to pay for it...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry but if theyre faded and there are losers mixed in with the HOFers then the ball isnt worth much...

technically though your item is 1 of a kind so I guess the answer is that it is worth exactly the price that the highest bidder is willing to pay for it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured that the extra signatures and overall condition would drag the value down. I have no interest in selling the ball and was just curious. If I had to take a wild ass guess, I'd say maybe $200. The three signatures mentioned are very clear. There are umpire signatures and owner signatures on the ball as well. The 1929 and 1931 seasons are indicated on the ball. I think Hornsby was player/coach. I don't know about the other two. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but this is just flat wrong.

This is like saying a ball of the 27 Yankees wouldn't be worth as much with the whole team on it, since there are scrubs that no one has heard of.

The condition of the ball and the authenticity is really the only thing that's important. A Hornsby autograph if legitimate is a great collectable. I don't know the value off hand, but I would guess that a couple hundred bucks is a good guess, as you surmised.