Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 07:04 AM

Default FADE D. Willis

Dontrell willis has a history of starting out fast early in the year with his deceptive motion and unorthodox throwing , it seems to take teams a while to get to him.H e has started out 6-0 this year.Dont believe the hype . he isnt much more than a 500 pitcher, and imo will be a great fade for the coming months as he will be very inflated due to his smoking start ...arod4276
Old 05-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: FADE D. Willis

[ QUOTE ]
Dontrell willis has a history of starting out fast early in the year with his deceptive motion and unorthodox throwing , it seems to take teams a while to get to him.H e has started out 6-0 this year.Dont believe the hype . he isnt much more than a 500 pitcher, and imo will be a great fade for the coming months as he will be very inflated due to his smoking start ...arod4276

[/ QUOTE ]

People said the same thing when he was 2-0, again when he went to 3-0, and everyone jumped off the bandwagon when he went 4-0 thinking he was doomed.
Give the guy some credit...he has pitched lights out so far. He's not gonna go 25-0, but don't make it seem like he's bound to bust.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:22 AM

But I awaited until now to give my opinion .... i WOULD BE WILLING TO BET FROM THIS DAY OUT HE IS AN UNDER 500 PITCHER WHICH WILL BE MINUS MANY MANY UNITS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR.. SRRY BOUT THE CAPS,,,AROD4276
Old 05-11-2005, 09:09 AM

I just took a look at his ERA splits over the past 3 years.

April 2.73
May 4.42
June 2.84
July 2.86
Aug 5.35
Sept 3.55
Pre Astar 3.15
Post Astar 4.30

Historically he seems to like June and July along with April. But he's young and just getting better and maturing and learning more and more how to pitch. As the league learns him he is learning the league.

I say this guy is a major talent. I say he will still be effective from here on in. Maybe he runs out of gas by August? And maybe he matures and strengthens to stay strong at the end? Sure he'll have some bad stretches but I don't see him turning into a sub .500 pitcher.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Also hard to compare a NL picters ERA to an AL picters ERA bec ause of the DH factor, but then again he might have to pitch to Mike Hampton one day, who says he should just walk him? lol
Old 05-11-2005, 11:57 AM

Who compared him to AL? The guy has had 2 full seasons and a month and has performed better than almost all NL pitchers during that time.

Just because he has a funky motion people figure it's a gimmick that will expire. If it was a fluke it would have expired for good a year and a half ago. These guys are professionals who get paid millions to hit baseballs. This guy has good stuff and most guys have trouble hitting it.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:28 PM

Are you like married to this guy or something, good lord take a chill pill.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:48 PM

??????????? Huh?

Just getting involved in the discussion and not rambling incoherently like the AL vs NL post. I have no interest in Willis other than figuring if the line is correct or not when he pitches. And I have no reason to believe he will suddenly start to suck.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:23 PM

GOOD posts mr baseball... I am not advocating his overall record will be sub 500 year end ,only that from now on he will be 500/ sub 500 and will be overvalued greatly. Twice this year at home he had been at 175 fav which imo is way overvalued in the long run...
Old 05-11-2005, 08:01 PM

that's a cute theory but you obviously haven't spent too much time watching him pitch (and learn how to pitch) over the last 2+ years. I'll give you a hint: Control. its better. 1st pitch strikes are goot.