Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 10:41 PM

Default I just called 3.5 bets cold

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Note: UTG+2 is all in pre-flop

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (15 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

I'm just looking on input on this hand. How can I protect my hand here when I'm good and get out when trouble strikes. I assume pre-flop here is OK considering UTG+2 is all-in, but would you normally cold call this for the max out of position?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: I just called 3.5 bets cold

i would call this unless the 3bettor or capper had a pfr of 6 or less. postflop i would 3bet the flop to try and eliminate the chaser.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 PM

I guess the only thing you could've tried to do different is CR the flop. Your gonna see a showdown anyway, so CRing the flop is probably the best move
Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM

I think we need to call the flop, and check/raise a safe turn, as the pot is pretty big and you can't protect anything on the flop.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:25 AM

What happened to UTG+2, and I would CR the flop and call down a 3-bet.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:28 AM

Would I be the only one to fold preflop here as long as the raisers aren't idiots?

I think you are against AA or KK if it's capped before it even gets to you. CO betting every round also doesn't look like a move with AK.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:32 AM

I don't like a turn c/r against an unknown preflop capper here because I'm going to showdown here, and I don't want to pay an extra 2 bets to do so should CO 3-bet me. The board is not threatening enough to fold a better hand, and Hero's position does not allow a turn raise to buy a free showdown.

On the other hand, if CO capped with a worse hand, why would we want him to stop betting? And he's certainly not folding AK for 1 more bet on the turn, getting at least 15:1 on his call.

What I'm trying to say is, I like your line.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:44 AM

I disagree that your hand is dead here. I like the PF call. UTG+2 only bet to go all-in; that could be any freakin' thing. MP3's three-bet could easily be iso to get all that sweet, sweet dead money for hisself. CO caps for a heads-up play against MP3. Personally, as MP3 I'm three-betting this with just about any ace, and as CO I cap this with any pair or strong ace. Hero's hand is live.

Flop is good for hero, and a picture-perfect time to check-raise. You know that either Dweezil or Moon Unit is going to bet this one; make it two and fold the competition.

Turn card is perfect for you. Given the flop, this is a great time to check-raise to make MP3 go buh-bye.

Given how timidly this hand was played, it's hard to love the river bet, but a call is certainly in order. I still think we're ahead over half the time in this hand, but I don't particularly like a river raise for value; it's too late for that kind of play. Call down and your hand holds up quite often.