Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 06:29 PM

Default sooo... how long till Clemens is traded?

he won't be going to NYY either, I am thinking Houston will go for some prospects, as they are getting old fast.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: sooo... how long till Clemens is traded?

I doubt he'll get traded due to his bloated contract, the clause in his contract that states it will be another 3 million to get him traded (up to 21) and the fact that Houston are hopeless suckers that will always see themselves as contenders.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Since Houston's owner has said he won't trade Clemens I'm sure he'll be traded by the all-star game. Has anything new happened in the last couple days?
Old 05-08-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since Houston's owner has said he won't trade Clemens I'm sure he'll be traded by the all-star game. Has anything new happened in the last couple days?

[/ QUOTE ]Houston just continues to loose. Its about time for them to call it a year, IMO, and I think Clemens will definitely be moved, maybe to a team like Anaheim.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:10 PM

He will be gone shortly after the all star game... gonna take a stab and say to Anaheim
Old 05-08-2005, 08:56 PM

i think they'll def wait until after berkman gets in a groove and see if they can't turn things around. they won't give up too quickly b/c of how they rebounded last year. that, and the $3M clause.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM

What you have to realize about Roger he is a icon in Houston and all around Texas since he played at UTexas. The Astros are not nearly as good as they were last year. Losing Beltran was probably one of the biggest misses by management. I really do not see Clemens go anywhere except.... Boston. He is on company endorsements for all sorts of businesses in Houston. The reason the Astros signed him for 16 million was due to his numerous Cy-Young awards, but he will sell out the game when he is pitching that night.

The Astros for as many times they have come up short, have an excellent front office. Unless you are trading some other high profile bats or pitchers, I can not see Houston making the trade.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:07 PM

if clemens cannot simply be bought out by the yankees with pure cash, they are going to have to give up a big bat. that is the only type of deal which would make sense for houston: trading a old pitcher who will only be stellar in the immediate short run for a new bat who will be good for years. short term loss, long term gain for a team which is out of it this year.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if clemens cannot simply be bought out by the yankees with pure cash, they are going to have to give up a big bat. that is the only type of deal which would make sense for houston: trading a old pitcher who will only be stellar in the immediate short run for a new bat who will be good for years. short term loss, long term gain for a team which is out of it this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than maybe ARod, do the Yankees have a "new bat who will be good for years"?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trading a old pitcher who will only be stellar in the immediate short run for a new bat who will be good for years.

[/ QUOTE ] if the Astros front office did this, it would be a ridiculously horrible move. One big bat will not change a thing in Houston, they need to get younger ASAP.