Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Am I spewing (checkup)

Villain is 44/3

Getting 3-bet on the turn gave me shivers...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 05-07-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Am I spewing (checkup)

I think your turn raise is pretty bad, and I'll show you why.

The relative position for UTG+2 is inbetween you and mp3. We're 90% sure MP3 will raise, so we're better off betting, leting UTG call, then having it raise behind us. That way, we trap more dead money from UTG for the same betting.

So other then the check-raise, I probably call a turn raise if I bet out, check/call river looks good.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:57 PM

yes you were. what were you trying to do on the turn? unless he was capping the street with 68, you're screwed. you lose to a full house and a flush!

my thought? lead out the turn, if raised fold. i think that might be the WA/WB line everyone keeps talking about [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

edit: due to looking at the hand again, pot may be big enough to call and hope 1 of the 3 remaining Qs comes in. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2005, 12:01 AM

after showing down a few hands with villain previously, and seeing him bet Ax, I could almost feel that he was playing a J with a worse kicker, or a lower set

I see the value of trapping the caller in between, but I don't think I would be folding to a raise - but I'm just a calling station like that...
Old 05-08-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

my thought? lead out the turn, if raised fold. i think that might be the WA/WB line everyone keeps talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Is there something I'm missing here? Hero's got 10 outs to what will likely be the best boat (or better) on the turn. How can he fold for one more bet?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after showing down a few hands with villain previously, and seeing him bet Ax, I could almost feel that he was playing a J with a worse kicker, or a <font color="red">lower set</font>

I see the value of trapping the caller in between, but I don't think I would be folding to a raise - but I'm just a calling station like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

bolded: wish we knew that at the start
red: we're still losing to this. still shouldn't c/r the turn.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:08 AM

If villain has a set, hero is royally screwed on that turn.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:10 AM

ohhh crap....riiiight....I should stop smoking crack...
Old 05-08-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

my thought? lead out the turn, if raised fold. i think that might be the WA/WB line everyone keeps talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Is there something I'm missing here? Hero's got 10 outs to what will likely be the best boat (or better) on the turn. How can he fold for one more bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

please read my edit on my post, which, for clarifying, was there prior to your post. read the entire thing.

Ps, where do you get 10 outs?
Old 05-08-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 44/3

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero needs to read this and bookmark it so that he can read it again and again. This stat gives you basically *NO* information about how you should play your hand.