Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Handful of Weak sauce??

Lot of LP-P and LP-A at this table, not enough hands to tailor more specfic reads then that. This hand too weak or played just right for the amount of ppl in the pot?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls $0.05 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.10 BB
Old 05-07-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Handful of Weak sauce??

I would have played it the same way.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:46 PM

I just check the flop . Too many opponents.

Since you are acting early and the pot is big enough so people will hardly fold to a single bet, I would consider a flop check-raise also.(if a bet comes from late position)
Old 05-07-2005, 10:53 PM

I'd check the flop, see what happens, then decide by pot odds to continue.

With how you played it, I'd bet the turn too; folding equity + tones of draws, we don't mind being called either.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:53 PM

I'm not leading this flop. A c/r from an LP bettor though sounds nice.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With how you played it, I'd bet the turn too; folding equity + tones of draws, we don't mind being called either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity:

What makes the determination that a check is better than betting out? I always thought this was where you use the axiom "If your hand is good enough to call, it's good enough to bet."

This is a point I'm fuzzy on.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I defintly knew I should have checked the flop. So many limpers and players down here Im not used to it. Raise preflop then checking, no matter the situation always feels a little odd. (I do it in most situations like this, and should have done it here, but ehh...)
Old 05-07-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity:

What makes the determination that a check is better than betting out? I always thought this was where you use the axiom "If your hand is good enough to call, it's good enough to bet."

[/ QUOTE ]
On the flop we don't really have enough equity in this pot to bet out into a field of 7 players. Its safe to assume at this point in time that we're drawing. With two backdoor draws, we can easily call a flop bet, but betting out is just dumping chips.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity:

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that axiom applies to the situation on this flop. A flop bet doesn't really accomplish anything, in my opinion. You have about 0% chance that all 6 opponents will fold, so you won't pick up the pot for one bet, and I doubt that you are cleaning any outs, since someone with middle pair and an overcard will probably call. I think I would check and see how the action develops behind you and then decide what to do. You have a decent drawing hand and the pot is large, so you can take a card off if you can do it cheaply. Check/raising a late position bet also has some merit, since that may actually clear some outs (while a bet probably won't).

I could be wrong, but I think the "if you have a hand that is good enough to call, you should bet" line applies more to value betting situations, i.e. situations where your opponent will call a bet with a hand that you can beat, but will check through with weaker hands if you don't bet.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

betting out is just dumping chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an advanced concept Im working on.

Seriously though, this move is essentially lighting money on fire, or when u give a homeless person money. You dont expect a return on it.