Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Scary flush on paired board, 3/6 live

3/6 live full kill, great typical game. 4 limpers and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, BB and everyone calls, 6 to the flop.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checked to me and I bet, BB checkraises. BB is a loose passive woman who actually can be a bit aggressive in spots. She is ok. Now UTG check / 3 bets ******* Warning: This is not a drill, he has at least a 5 here. Everyone else folds, I semi coldcall, BB caps, we both call.

Turn is the interesting 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB bets, UTG raises, I hesitate and then 3 bet cold and they both call.

River is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks, UTG now bets and he tried to do it so delicately I feel like I am beat. I make a crying call / go for overcall, and BB overcalls.

Anyone want to play the flop or turn differently? Anyone think I'm a wuss and should raise the river?

Thanks,
DeathDonkey
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Scary flush on paired board, 3/6 live

I'd merely call this river too given your read. I'd also 3-bet the turn since you probably have the best hand. I like all streets.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM

This is tough -- I think you're three bet on the turn said you have a flush or better and UTG's lead out on the river says he's not afraid of that. Still, I hate not raising with the nut flush...

Given your read, though, calling is probably the right play.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:26 PM

I like the whole thing but I might cap the flop. The reason being it might get me a free look at the river and it tells me a lot more if I get bet into on the turn. It also conceals my draw a little better.

I love the turn 3-bet. These gys aren't folding and only boats are capping.

The river is scawy. Getting bet into there is not fun. he's daring you to raise.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Results

Well I kind of felt like all you guys in that there wasn't much I could do once I saw the flop. I would have preferred to miss though, as mr. stop n go flopped a boat with 77.

-DeathDonkey