Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 06:08 AM

Default *NEW RECORD* MOST SNGS IN ONE DAY

a day in the life of raptor..

so here i am trying to learn how to 12 table welll, so i drop back down to the 55s (i had a terrible run again at the step 5 minis, go figure), and i manage to not move from my computer more than 3 times during the 12 hour period i was playing. i ran 11 tables pretty much continuously all day. it was by far one of my most unlucky days. IT struck, and i couldnt win a single coinflip, domination, 60/40, anything. every showdown i got into i lost. yay.

so i take a break at about 75 sngs to make some spaghetti. i still have 8 sngs running mind you, just enough so i can run to the microwave, take a quick piss, get a drink, etc. so i sit back down for a fresh start after my 3 minute extended break. well, i keep playing, gavin comes over to bother me and bust out of some tournaments, and we have some good times making jokes. i continue to play after he leaves. wow, i start getting tired. im really tired right now, so im gonna wrap this up. this was NOT my worst day ever, but it sure freakin felt like it.

ok, so results time.

SNGS played: 158!!!!! (beat that challengers)
ROI : -2.2% (shouldnt be hard to beat..)
ITM : 34.2% (also, shouldnt be hard to beat)

1st 9.5% 15
2nd 10.8% 17
3rd 13.9% 22
4th 13.9% 22
5th 19.0% 30
6th 13.9% 22
7th 12.7% 20
8th 3.8% 6
9th 0.6% 1
10th 1.9% 3

ok, this was the most god awful thing i had ever seen in my life. (ok, not THE MOST god awful, ive been pretty god awful before, but this really sucked.) note to everyone: if your finish distribution looks ANYTHING like this, you suck almost as bad as me.

ok, so lets break down profits/losses. playing those 158 sngs, i lost 190 bucks. wow, thats awful huh. thats -$1.20 per tournament. i PAID $1.20 for the 'entertainment' of each tournament. great.

well, thank god for rakeback. i generated 790 in rake, and thanks to my handy dandy new rakeback deal, i get 30% on all 3 of my accounts. sooo.. i make 237 in rakeback for the day, which isnt BAD, but ive done WAY better. playing the 55s sucks for rakeback. anyway, on an overall, for the final day, i made 47 bucks. i guess if i was working at mcdonalds, that would equate to be about the same. 47 bucks though. yuck. thats not even the fee i paid on ONE step 5. sigh. well, grinding sucks, buuuuut, i figure ill do it for a couple more weeks.

raptors rules:
1. NO GODAMN PAI GOW
2. NO GODAMN STEPS
3. PLAY IN YER GODAMN BANKROLL
4. NO PAI GOW ITS RIGGED
5. NO STEP 5s U HATE LOSING 20K IN A NORMAL SWING
6. DISCIPLINE!!!!
7. thats it really

holla
Old 05-05-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: *NEW RECORD* MOST SNGS IN ONE DAY

You guys are all lucky. You didn't hear all the b****ing and whining the whole day. This is only the condensed version. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I tip my hat off to you though raptor, because you've played more SNG's today than most people play in a month or more. Even with all the bad beats too, looks like you kept your normal game going. Now if you EVER have a good day again, wow, would be crazy seeing someone make 3k or so in the 55's during a 24 hour period.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 AM

You're a monster! That's an insane amount of poker. Keep your chin up. It'll come.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:26 AM

Yow. Well, it does seem like your money management skills lag far, far behind your poker playing skills, but hopefully your resolutions will help on that.

Not bad that a terrible day for you still wound up with you being net positive!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:43 AM

you need to begin playing online blackjack.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 AM

Because my money management skills are so far ahead of my poker skills?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:33 AM

Bet you can't get in 1000 by next wednesday.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:46 AM

Why not just cut down the number of freakin tables you play at the same time? When I get on a real shitty streak, I only play 3 tables instead of my usual 6. It helps me steal a little more when I would normally muck while 6 tabling.
Stay away from Pai Gow...trust me craps is where its at anyway.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SNGS played: 158!!!!! (beat that challengers)
ROI : -2.2% (shouldnt be hard to beat..)

[/ QUOTE ]

Pffft... Maybe if you'd stick around a little longer in them, it'd be difficult to get 150+ SNGs in. Holla. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

FWIW, next time I have a free day, I'll throw down the gauntlet. I think I can crack 180. This Sunday is a possibility - if not, it may be a few weeks.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:28 AM

I played 140 tournaments once before 4-tabling. It was nonstop play for nearly 24 hours. I think I am going to challenge myself to play 400 tournaments this weekend. So, you want in Raptor? Starting 6:00PM EST on Friday night through 01:00AM EST Monday morning. That's 55 hours of play. Are you up for it?