Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2002, 02:51 PM

Default Worst Sports Fans

I've been a sports fan for nearly 50 years and unfounded or not have been led to the impression that Philadelphia fans are among the most ill-mannered. i don't know, I've never been there nor do I intend to go. i can't imagine however, that they can be worse then the fans in St Louis. I went to a "Carnal" game as they sat there and I have never been exposed to cruder people. It was like a bunch of drunken Hee-Haw types shooting off there mouths about things they knew nothing about. I know St Louis is in Missouri but I never expected anything like this. Any opinions ?
Old 11-21-2002, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Worst Sports Fans

"shooting off there mouths about things they knew nothing about"

Well well Jerry, you may have found a home, b/c you sure would fit in with that type of crowd.

Ryan_21
Old 11-21-2002, 03:26 PM

"worst sports fans" depends on your definition of a good/bad sports fan. The Eagles and Cardinals may not have the most refined, polite fans, but they still support their teams through thick and thin (see attendance records, licensed product sales over the years). I'd take these guys over cuddly bandwagon riders any day (see also: Minnesota Twins fans).
Old 11-21-2002, 03:34 PM

Default Try oakland

Worst fans ever. I think Boris is the only A's fan, and the Raiders fans are worse than you can imagine. Can't blame people from staying away from the warriors, though.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:26 PM

Homer J's opinion...

Philly fans rock. They stick with their teams through thick and (mainly) thin. So they cheer as Michael Irvin lies motionless on the ground. Big deal. He's a freaking cocaine snorting Cowboy (oh let me be more specific...he's a wide receiver). So they boo their own team. Hey, they deserve to get booed when they play like crap. I didn't pay no hundred bucks for this ticket to sit quietly while my team gets its ass kicked. Okay, enough ranting.

Generally speaking, the quality of a town's fans is inversely proportional to the town's distance from Maine.

Or, if you prefer, the quality of a town's fans is inversely proportional to the average yearly temperature of the town.

Warning: Homer is a Philadelphia sports fan. His opinions may be slightly biased. Additionally, any reference made to NYC having quality fans was entirely untrue.

-- Homer J.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:16 PM

Philly is the greatest, most progressive sports town in the world - what other city had the foresight to set up a criminal court in the stadium to deal with all of the criminal acitvity that takes place during a three hour game - truly brilliant. Perhaps Green Bay should set up a similar court in Lambeau to deal with all the idiots who urinate in the sinks instead of waiting in line for the urinals. What's happened to the die hard packer fans who used to get so drunk at the games that they couldn't get up, thus they just went in their snowmobile suits.

Old 11-21-2002, 05:19 PM

Ryan 21 - take a look in the mirror prior to critizing anyone's posts. Jerry does not always make the most sense, but he also hasn't spent the better part of 2 weeks ranking Tupac as one of the 10 most influential men of the 20th century. Those who live in glass houses - Ryan!
Old 11-21-2002, 06:00 PM

all the idiots who urinate in the sinks

What's wrong with that? We also wash our filthy hands in the sinks. Damn...next thing you know they'll complain about pissing in the shower.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:54 PM

Homer you're a homer. Good for you. Packer fans are extremely loyal and alot of fun also. On another post you once asked what's inside the g on the Packer logo. Did you ever get an answer.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:33 PM

Well let me see. There are 10 decades in a century, and the hip hop generation (90's) was one of the decades. And Tupac is widely regarded as the most influential rapper of all time and the most influential figure of the hip hop generation. So, logically, since his generation was 1/10 of the century and he is the most imfluential figure of his generation, if you had to pick one person per decade, I would say his impact on his generation would have to put him in the top 10 of the 20th century.

Ryan_21