Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 PM

Default would I remember it if I\'ve done acid or shrooms?

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I'd ever tried LSD or magic mushrooms. I was pretty sure I hadn't, but intrigued by the subject I went about researching the topic on the internet. As it turns out, the possibility might exist. Both LSD and psilocybin can be turned into forms which are invisible and small. LSD is usually found in tab form, which can be easily placed inside a starburst or on a stick of gum, and also can be turned into a clear liquid which can be placed in drinks or on tongues. Mushrooms can be dried and crushed into a powder which can be put onto food or mixed into a tea. It occurred to me that I very easily could have accidentally ingested these hallucinogens and not known it. On the other hand, the trip descriptions on Erowid and other sites do not seem very familiar, and I can't recall having had those kinds of experiences. However, there have been several cases in which I have consumed alcohol and had very hazy recollections the next day. I have tried marijuana (also a hallucinogen) a few times and (at least as far as I remember - those memories are also a little hazy) most of those times I ended up having an anxiety attack and vomiting someplace for a long time.

After clicking around for a while, I happened across a site dedicated to HPPD (persistent acid-related after effects) and I think I have at least a couple of the symptoms. One such symptom is the phenomenon of words on a page moving. I had not noticed it before (perhaps my mind was automatically compensating so that it would not affect me?) but if I stare at a page for ten seconds or so the sentences will sometimes appear to shimmy back and forth. Another symptom involves "after images." By staring at my white desk and then staring at my tan wall and relaxing my eyes I am able to see an outline of my desk, in a neon color which fades gradually (much like the american flag optical illusion). Same with light bulbs. I know these particular illusions are normal but I am unsure about what a normal level of the intensity of the effects might be. Also, if I stare at the corner of a pillar (or, say, the corner of a wall) it buckles slightly and/or appears bowed.

My question is: is it possible for somone to be tricked into trying LSD or psilocybin and not remember it? Or aren't trips usually so intense that the user will remember it very vividly and thus recognize it as a hallucinogen and make a mental note? Have you guys ever heard of someone tripping and not remembering it at all?

I apologize if I come across as schizo or something. About six weeks ago I gave up drinking cold turkey after a year or so of a primarily alcohol-related diet. One of the side effects of alcohol withdrawal is supposedly a mild paranoia. However, given the visual HPPD-esque symptoms I have experienced I would prefer to have one less thing to be paranoid about, and was hoping to get to the bottom of this. IF someone knowledgable out there knows the answer to my question, I would be muy appreciative. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: would I remember it if I\'ve done acid or shrooms?

You will know it when you are tripping on acid.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 PM

let me say as someone who has done much more than his fare share of psychedelics, yes you'd certainly remember. Acis is a complete mindfu..ck that I gave up around 4 1/2 years ago. Even one good hit will cause you to trip and explore parts of your mind you never knew existed. As long as you had a decent hit, you'll know it. Shrooms are much more visual and like I said on Acid, you'll know it if you're trippin. I seriously doubt that you have if you're even asking this question
Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 PM

Unless you live in an after-school special, I doubt somebody slipped you hallucinogens without your knowledge.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:15 PM

If you have done these, you would know it for sure.

It is impossible to imagine what it feels like to be tripping on either of these if you haven't done them, no matter how high you've gotten off other drugs.

DN
Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM

never done acid.

but shrooms, yeah, those just fcuk you up, you'd know it.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is: is it possible for somone to be tricked into trying LSD or psilocybin and not remember it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go out someday and try to get someone to sell you a hit of LSD and you will realize how ridiculus this statement is.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:23 PM

Yes, you'd remember. These drugs are far from subtle. Judging from what you've written here, it's probably best for you to continue not having taken real hallucinogens. (You mention weed as one, but its effects aren't anywhere near what you'd get from the drugs you're worried about.)

Best of luck cutting back on the booze, it's not easy but it sounds like it's a good decision.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you live in an after-school special, I doubt somebody slipped you hallucinogens without your knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

A buddy of mine slipped a small tab of acid into another buddy's food on his birthday(who was one of those uptight guys that is annoying but you allow them to hang out with the group). He ate his food and spit out the paper and said 'wtf', but his attention was diverted. Later he got messed up drinking and on the drive home commented on how crazy the rain looked hitting the windows of the car.

Only a couple people knew about it at the time(not me) and later told the birthday boy, but he didn't get mad. The main perpetrator has repeatedly admitted how f*ed up doing this was in the 9 years that have passed(it was our freshman year in college). Luckily nothing terrible happened, although the people that knew claimed they were watching him closely.

It was really f*ed up thing to do.

DN
Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 PM

if you've ever woken up witha condom in your butt and dont remember how it got there, you were probably on something!