Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 03:41 PM

Default 99 in SB make a play or get lost?

2/4
UTG is a tightish player who always raises with big broadway and suited little broadway as well as medium pairs in mid to later position.

Hero is SB with 9d 9h

UTG calls, Mid2 calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop (3d Kd 4h)

Hero bets, BB folds, UTG raises, hero calls. How many mistakes so far? Missed a raise preflop and then led out. Kind of backwards right?

Turn 4s

Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls

I really thought he was not on the king as any decent king he would have raised and he is tight enough not to limp UTG with a garbage suited K. Maybe KT suited or KJ. I think he is too tight for that though. I thought it was a good bluff shot with the pair on board as well. Comments? I also thought about leading again as his raise may be semi-bluff. Would that be a better line and why?

River 4d

Hero check, UTG bet, hero calls. Is this a situation where I may be way behind or way ahead so the check call is OK . If I was raised I would have to call and probably be shown a bigger boat. Was trying to induce a bluff appropriate here or would you lead out again. I just thought anything I beat was folding. Comments?

Villian showed Ad 8d for a flush.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 99 in SB make a play or get lost?

Don't include the results in your post.

Yes, I raise this pf, but limping isn't horrible.
I like a check-raise on the flop, with a bet on the turn as a better line. You can usually fold to a turn raise and you don't give a free card.

Bet the river, calling or folding really depends on the opponent.

-d