Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 AM

Default WSOP Day 1 Assignment

I am trying to find out when a player will know if he starts on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Do they tell you when your entry fee is paid or do you have to show up on Day 1 to find out? I appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: WSOP Day 1 Assignment

Hi Jeff,

If you'r registration is paid with Harrah's you will get an e-mail confirmaing your seat/starting day.

If your entry is paid and you'd like to get in touch with them about you're starting day you can e-mail the Tournament Poker Manager, Robert Daily at rdaily@lvrio.harrahs.com
or you can also speak to Rich Klein at rkline1@lvrio.harrahs.com, he works in the accounting department and will be able to tell you if your entry has been processed.

This is my first post here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Hope that helps....
Old 05-03-2005, 11:24 AM

Teedot,
Thanks for the post. I actually qualified through Party Poker and rumor has it that they are buying us in in late June. It is good to hear though that I don't have to show up the first day to see if I'm playing or not.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-03-2005, 11:26 AM

teedot,

can a player request which starting day he or she wants?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:48 AM

Mine was gereated randomly, or so I was told in the e-mail. So I don't think any player has any say as to what day they would like to start on.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:30 PM

Teder, I won a seat at PP as well. Do u know when they will sent details on hotel, etc. I sent them an e-mail shortly after I won and the reply said thet would post stuff 1st week of May.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 PM

The answer is no. I found that out by calling the WSOP HQ directly, because I can play Day 1 on Thursday but not Friday or Saturday.

They were very friendly but told me that the entire scheduling is random to ensure fairness. Moreover, once you get your assignment you cannot get your money back, you are 'pot committed' nor can you transfer your registration.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:22 PM

This doesn't seem surprising.

If you were allowed to request then certainly nobody would want to play on the first day. Everyone would request the 2nd or 3rd day.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you were allowed to request then certainly nobody would want to play on the first day. Everyone would request the 2nd or 3rd day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If you play the first day you would have 2 days to rest, the people in the 3rd day would have to play consecutive days. I would take the 1st day, get waisted the 2nd day and sleep the 3rd, but thats just me.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If you play the first day you would have 2 days to rest, the people in the 3rd day would have to play consecutive days. I would take the 1st day, get waisted the 2nd day and sleep the 3rd, but thats just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

except if you become shortstacked on one of the last few hands on the first day, and then have to wait another three days (and pay for a hotel) just so you can be knocked out in the first hour when play resumes