Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Question about Firefox (internet browser)

A while ago I changed my broswer to Foxfire b/c Internet explorer was screwing up on me. I made Foxfire my defult browser but sometimes when i click on a link, it uses internet explorer and since its messed up I can't accsess the page. How do i just totally get rid of internet explorer or how do I stop this problem.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Question about Foxfire (internet browser)

[ QUOTE ]
A while ago I changed my broswer to Foxfire b/c Internet explorer was screwing up on me. I made Foxfire my defult browser but sometimes when i click on a link, it uses internet explorer and since its messed up I can't accsess the page. How do i just totally get rid of internet explorer or how do I stop this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean Firefox dude?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Question about Foxfire (internet browser)

Yea sorry
Old 05-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Question about Firefox (internet browser)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try right-clicking on the link, then selecting "Copy link location" (or words to that effect). Then open a new tab or window in Firefox, and paste the link into the address bar.

-Mike
Old 05-02-2005, 05:30 PM

Oh i know about that but sometimes you can't rightclick on it. for example if you go into WilliamHill poker and try to make an account you have to dowload the software and then click on "register" from the software, on which you can't right-click on. It happens on other cases, just an example.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:32 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

Ah, I see. Maybe you should try uninstalling and reinstalling IE fresh, so it's available for these cases.

-Mike
Old 05-02-2005, 05:33 PM

there is no way to reconfigure what sites use ie for their browser. for example, espn.com uses ie. and that is what will always open when visiting their site.

if you are having problems with your ie, i would suggest reinstalling it. another advantage to that would be that you would have it for using when needed. for example, there are many sites, such as affiliate sites, where you are much more likely to not be properly tracked to them if you use firefox to download their link through.

i use firefox as my default browser, and like it better than ie for a number of reasons. i also have ie to use when it is advantageous to do so. i think that this would be the best option.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 PM

Oh, ok, Thanks for the post clears it all up for up. Sounds like the best way to go. I like Firefox much better also
Old 05-02-2005, 05:43 PM

Have you made Firefox the default browser? Mocro$oft tries to make this as difficult as possible. Go into the Control Panel, click the programs tab and select Firefox as the HTML editor and click "OK". You will then have all links clicked using Firefox. If you right click the link, you can open it in a new tab rather than on the same tab you are using.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:36 PM

Where exactly do you go to uninstall IE? It's not showing up on my add/remove programs list.