Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 04:10 PM

Default TPGK against a LRR -- Standard?

Villain seemed somwehat typical -- not bad, not good, but passable. Only a couple hands on him at the time, no real read until this limp-reraise.
CO and BB were loose-passive, weak-tight types.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

PF raise - g00t? bad?
Flop raise - g00t? bad?

No place to dump this, right?

-d
Old 05-02-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: TPGK against a LRR -- Standard?

nice river! i play it the same way
Old 05-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Looks good all the way....
Old 05-02-2005, 04:18 PM

Looks fine I think. PF raise is marginal in my opinion -- CO might be a better spot for that to buy the button. Since you have the button already, I think I'd want to limp and see what develops.

Flop looks good - definite raise. Turn call is close, but you have the odds for it if you think he'll pay off on the river if you hit 2 pair or trips.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:23 PM

You're folding this UI on a blank river? (non A,K,Q,T,[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

-d
Old 05-02-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're folding this UI on a blank river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never! A LRR from MP2 instantly gets someone a FPS sticker from me. I'd virtually never fold TPGK HU against him.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're folding this UI on a blank river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never! A LRR from MP2 instantly gets someone a FPS sticker from me. I'd virtually never fold TPGK HU against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking, just seemed like the intimation of the poster I replied to.

I was raising if he bet the river, obviously.

(and yes, the LRR automatically generates a "retard" label from me, though the last several times at 2/4 and 3/6 it's been aces without fail in 3-4 way pots. People get crazy in those really big ones that trap you for bets 4+way.)

-d
Old 05-02-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're folding this UI on a blank river? (non A,K,Q,T,[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. I was just looking at it from an outs perspective, but the pot size could warrant a calldown I suppose. Do you think it seems likely you're ahead here with the flop 3-bet?
Old 05-02-2005, 04:43 PM

I thought I was behind until the river, honestly. But that's no reason to go into a shell. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I was calling down from the flop. The raise was only to protect my weak made hand.

-d
Old 05-02-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the LRR automatically generates a "retard" label from me, though the last several times at 2/4 and 3/6 it's been aces without fail in 3-4 way pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
LRRs from EP aren't necessarily a bad play and, at least in my experience, I'm usually facing a big pair. But MP2? That gets them derogatory note every time.