Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Thank You, Daniel Negreanu!

I have made some comments recently that have been negative of Daniel Negreanu. And still feel they were justified. That being said. I think i owe Daniel N a thank you!

Daniel has made some controversial statements that he has taken heat for in the past and present. But is deserved a thank you for it. He speaks his mind in an honest and candid fashion. As Barry Greenstein points out it is better than being two-faced and saying one thing and thinking another. It is refreshing to see someone so candid and honest from high-stakes poker speak his mind. Not to mention very cool of him to share so much insight into the world of high-stakes poker. As he is mainly the only person that plays high-stakes poker that discusses things for the general public. Others would not share. We are lucky yo have a person like this share so much with us.

It would be a loss to poker fans, and for people who like to hear the ongoings of high-stakes poker if he stopped sharing because of heat he recieved for some controverisal statements. In fact i think he should be commended for being so candid with the general public, not punished.

I will still make posts when i think daniel(or anybody else for that matter) say or does something controversial. But in a fun way to discuss on the boards. Not as a bashing of him. As a stated before he deserves to be commended, not punished for this.

As for his arrogance. I think i, and others may be a little hard on him. As most players that have made millions of dollars playing poker have a big ego. We don't hear about them, and their arrgoance, because they are not as candid and honest as Daniel is.

I think Daniel is probably one of the good guys. Meaning a genuinely decent guy. Which is sometimes hard to come by in poker players. And hope he continues to share about life in the BIG GAME. As i find it interesting and entertaining to read.

Again, thank you Daniel Negreanu!