Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 03:55 PM

Default out of line?

villain has TAG-like stats over only 25 hands, no real reads.

I wonder if I pushed this BB special too hard.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 04-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: out of line?

I the heat of the battle I'd likely play it the same. In retrospect, you might want to call the turn given your read. It's hard to see him having a worse hand given that turn card. Of course, 25 hands isn't much to go on. So, I think you played the hand fine.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: out of line?

If you and SB had been heads up on the pot, I would have suspected that SB was aiming to steal the pot with a bluff/semi-bluff. But with five people in there on the flop it's more likely that SB has a set or a (larger) two pair, especially if your TAG reading is right. I think I might have gone into call-down mode after he called your cap and still came out shooting on the turn. Even after you filled up, his play makes me think there's a chance you're still behind to a bigger boat.