Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Look at these two hands for me.

2/4 Hold'em Ocean's 11 cardroom

Villian is loose and plays too many hands.

Hero is in the big blind with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Villian calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop comes: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7SB)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Villian checks, MP2 checks, Button checks. I was going to take one off to see if the turn card would be safe.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.5BB) Hero checks (with intention of raising) UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Villian bets, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+2folds, Villian calls, Button calls.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 BB)

Analysis?

UTG+2 is a newcomer.
Hero is in LP1 with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG+2 raises, UTG+3calls, MP1 calls MP2 calls, Hero 3bets, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 caps, every body calls. (32SB)

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls. (14.5BB)

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds. (18BB)

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls BB calls, UTG calls
Old 04-30-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Look at these two hands for me.

Hand 1: Flop's fine, but I don't like going for the checkraise on the turn. You don't know where the bet will come from, or if the bet will come. Just bet out. On the river, I think a check-fold is okay. You've overrepresented your hand a little, and they're probably not going to bet a worse hand.

Hand 2: The pot is ginormous, and your hand is vulnerable. You may already be behind, but I think you have to raise the flop. Do what you can to win this pot. You're not doing your hand any favors by playing it so passively.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Look at these two hands for me.

Because it seems like you've check raised all hand, I dont think a check is that bad at all in hand 1.

Lower flushes/two pairs might be scared and check through, but they'll call one bet anyway.