Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Top two with heavy action

The button had been playing pretty loose and seemed like a calling station, but unfortunately had a small enough stack to be all in on the turn. I hadn't seen SB too involved in any pots yet, so I'm assuming he's a typical Party 2/4 player, loose and somewhat passive. Am I missing a value bet here on the river with top two after that turn action and the flush hitting on the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls (all in).
River: (17.5BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 04-30-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Top two with heavy action

I wouldn't be as concerned about the flush getting there as I would be about 22, (or 88 if he would call the flop with that). If he was going to go wild with a flush draw it seems he would have done so on the flop, rather than the turn.

Still, by the looks of it he's spooked on the river either way, and I think you'll see a worse two-pair (A2, A8, Q8) call often enough to make a bet correct. (Plus he's unlikely to raise even if he does have you beat but doesn't have a flush.)

I say fire away.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:22 AM

Bet the river.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:50 AM

I'd say you have the best hand... still. I'd fire a shell on the river.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:44 AM

Results: SB had 82 for the turned two pair, and the Button had 87 and MHIG.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:45 AM

ahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 04-30-2005, 12:46 PM

Onlike poker is dryed up and there are no more fish. This post is clearly a lie.