Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Other Stud Books Besides 7csfap

Has anyone read "Winning 7-Card Stud" by Ashley Adams or "How to Beat Low-Limit 7-Card Stud" by Paul Kammen? I was looking to expand my stud library, but I'm wondering if these two books will seem fairly pointless after West's book and 2+2's take. Any thoughts, comments, etc appreciated.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Other Stud Books Besides 7csfap

I've been meaning to finish the Adams book. It's OK, probably better than West, but 7CS4AP is it, really. I believe that Mason has had some less-than-complimentary things to say about the Kammen book. Spend your money on hold'em books. Unless I write a stud book, in which case you should buy several copies.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:16 AM

"Winning 7-card stud" by Ashley Adams isnt a bad read if your looking to increase your stud library. I've never read "How to Beat Low-Limit 7-card stud" by Paul Kammen. I never cared for West's book much, as I have pointed out before that some of his advice is skeptical at best in some situations. The original super system section by Chip Reese is incredibly good as is 7csfap's, of course. If you were to just stick to these two works and not read anything else you wouldnt cost yourself a nickel in my opinion. You might even save yourself some money as a lot of stud material I've read by other authors is flawed in some aspect. And if you begin to incorporate that flawed play into your game it could get expensive. I'd only say read other works on stud if you know enough to filter the incorrect info out.

Mike Emery
Old 04-29-2005, 03:18 AM

Andy what are you doing responding with me this time of night? You up late drinking again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 04-29-2005, 03:21 AM

I would never do such a thing. It's coming up on 2:30 here, and the bars close at 2:00. I am absolutely wrecking this $2/4 stud/8 game on Stars right now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]