Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Half the population now agrees with ME.

Galup poll

History is beginning to show that I was right.

In the end, we will learn that we were not only lied to, but were willfully lied to. 1570 US soldiers, 100,000 Iraqi Civilians, Millions of Iraqi's with disrupted lives and no govt (at least as of today).

I hope they recover from the "help" that we have provided them. I continued reminder to beware of those who want to do good for you.

[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORK Half of all Americans, exactly 50%, now say the Bush administration deliberately misled Americans about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the Gallup Organization reported this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Last week Gallup reported that 53% now believe that the U.S. invasion of Iraq was "not worth it."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Half the population now agrees with ME.

Your post is stupid, shortsighted, and based on false precepts. Even someone against the war can see why?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:43 AM

Your reponse is venomous, full of anger and hatred for those who disagree with you.

Now that we have done the Limbaugh imitation, want to have a dialogue?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:52 AM

No your OP is a waste of time.

You make a statement, that you are right about the Iraq war. Your supporting evidence is that 53% of people in a Gallup poll agree with you. You then use this "evidence" (which has nothing to do with your original statement) to say that "history is proving you right".

You made a stupid bragging post with no connection between you conclusions and non-evidence. If you really want me to give examples of why its non-evidence I will.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:55 AM

I said "beginning" to prove me right. If has been over 2 years and we can at least "begin" to evaluate the decisions of 2002/03

I could still be proven wrong and will happily admit to being wrong if that happens.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:59 AM

That is a much more reasonable statement then your OP, which was a useless bragging thread with no info or debate value. That is why I was angry at it.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:19 AM

Default So in 12 months..........

...If a poll comes out that the majority of people agree that occupying Iraq was the proper thing to do, then you will:
Admit Bush was correct and that you were wrong?

Also, in the 'poll' last November, I suppose you were saying then that Bush was correct in his decisons and you were wrong....right? So what changed between November and now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm glad my beliefs are not govern by polls. It is too much trouble to always consult polls so I know what to believe in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 07:07 AM

Polls about past events reflect relentless media influence.

There is a reason why juries are not allowed to read media accounts of their trials. The reason is bias.

When the public does not believe what the media wants them to believe, the mainstream media will run countless biased reports to reshape opinion over time.

We saw it in the Anita Hill affair. The public when exposed just to the facts of the case came to a conclusion as a jury would. Their gut feel was that Hill was not credible. This was pre-media propaganda campaign. Later polls (post-propaganda) showed a change in public opinion. But this only shows the power of the relentless propaganda of the media, not the real facts of the case.

The same is true with Iraq. The media spins the story its one-sided way often enough to sway opinion. Your cited poll is meaningless.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: So in 12 months..........

You really are dumb -- but that is no surprise.

You cannot conclude that MY opinions are driven by polls from my post.

All I said was that the majority of the population NOW agrees with my position.

I'm glad my beliefs are not govern by polls.

This is true -- your positions are driven by a daily dose of propoganda from Fox, Rush or other such sources.

It is too much trouble to always consult polls so I know what to believe in.

Why consult or read or examine when you can just turn on Rush and get spoonfed your opinions.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Spinning to good

At least Broken Glass Can has come up with a reasonable spin. Unfortunately it is just spin.

The American population is not stupid and get plenty of propoganda from the Right wing sources (Fox, Rush, Wash Times) in addition to reports from reliable news sources (NY Times, CNN).