Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Someone, please, give me the details on rakeback

Whether it's a link, a PM, or text, I need to know about rakeback. I just figured this morning that I'm on pace to pay at least $25,000 in rake fees this year. So if I can get a third of that back, it'll pay for my golf and Vegas trips. I want some of it back.

But I have no idea how this rakeback stuff works. In fact, I'm somewhat clueless on a lot of this kind of stuff. I do very well, and yet I'm lost when someone says the word 'playerview.' I've no idea what that is.

But this thread is not about that. It's about helping Bigwig figure out this rakeback business.

Help. Please. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Someone, please, give me the details on rakeback

http://www.twoplustwo.com/classified.php
Old 04-26-2005, 04:43 PM

Without revealing my affiliate, am I allowed to post what R/B% I'm getting? I'd like to know if its comparable to other high volume players.

I've seen R/B review and am currently getting higher than any of the posted rates there.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:53 PM

to get rakeback you need to create a totally seperate account right?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:06 PM

Rakeback is the single greatest thing ever for the high volume player- Its free money (lots of it) when you play a lot- There are many different ways to find a good rakeback deal- you should search the internet and find them. You do have to create a different account if you want to signup, but it is definitely worth it- My suggestion: Find one, signup, and reap the benefits associated with it.

Jess
Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM

Beware the curse! That's all I'll say.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without revealing my affiliate, am I allowed to post what R/B% I'm getting? I'd like to know if its comparable to other high volume players.

I've seen R/B review and am currently getting higher than any of the posted rates there.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you should be allowed to post that as long as you don't mention who you are getting it from
Old 04-26-2005, 06:29 PM

I can't remember who it is, but someone on this forum doesn't think a rakeback account is necessary if you are a winning player. I've just jumped to the $109's and I personally feel rakeback is essential. I've only played 300 109's so far, but my ROI is a paltry 5.5%. I think I'm running ridiculously bad, but the jury's still out (I might just not be very good at the $109's). I do know that many very good and well respected players here also do not have an ROI in the double-digits at the $109's and above, so perhaps that's about all they can be beaten for over time. Anyway, I get $2.25 back per SNG with my rakeback deal, so rakeback alone counts for 27% of my total profit. Even if I were "killing" the $109's for 15% ROI, rakeback would still account for 12% of total profit. So, Bigwig, in short, rakeback is essential IMO. PM me if you want and I'll tell you who I use (Party and Empire).

--Zen
Old 04-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Personally, I recently opened up a rakeback account on Empire for 28%. Couldn't win **** there even until now so it's making me wonder why I even wanted to get rakeback. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It should all even out though and it's always nice to get free money.

BTW Zen, your % seems a bit low, especially since you play a ton of these with Irie. I've heard of low 30's for some people but I don't even want to ask how they accomplish that.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:59 PM

Is rakeback part of the "Pool"...Love, YourBacker