Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Default questions for lacrosse players

i played in high school (graduated 96) and haven't played any organized lacrosse since then (i play attack/midfield btw...no face-offs, and not long-stick middie). i'm going to join a post-collegiate league now though, so i need to "catch up." i have to get all new equipment, and i'm putting together a new stick.

heads i'm thinking about getting: brine cyber or vapor, stx proton...any of them particularly prone to breakage? any other suggestions? i've ordered a warrior alloy 2000 shaft and i'll string the thing myself, so i'm just interested in info/advice about the head itself.

recommendations/advice for gloves and helmets? fwiw, i used to wear stx gloves, and i have kind of a big head.

thanks!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: questions for lacrosse players

pm Gamblor.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:14 PM

Um, I had a vapor for a while. I liked it, but its kind of flimsy so if your worried about it breaking that might be a concern. Right now i really like warrior heads. The evo and evo pro are both very nice.

For helmets i would get a cascade. there probably the oldest/most respected. You don't have to get a top of the line one either.

For Gloves i use STX gladiators, i really like them but they are a bit pricy. Do you have any lacrosse stores around? If you do i would try some gloves on. Some brands just didn't feel good so it might make a difference.

Where do you live?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, I had a vapor for a while. I liked it, but its kind of flimsy so if your worried about it breaking that might be a concern. Right now i really like warrior heads. The evo and evo pro are both very nice.

For helmets i would get a cascade. there probably the oldest/most respected. You don't have to get a top of the line one either.

For Gloves i use STX gladiators, i really like them but they are a bit pricy. Do you have any lacrosse stores around? If you do i would try some gloves on. Some brands just didn't feel good so it might make a difference.

Where do you live?

[/ QUOTE ]

i live in denver and i'm sure there's stores around here. i was mostly looking for peoples' advice based on their experiences with stuff (thus, info i can't find out just by going into the store).
Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 PM

yeah, Well like i said for heads, i had a vapor and it was allright. I like the warrior heads a lot better. They are pinched more and a lot more stable.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, Well like i said for heads, i had a vapor and it was allright. I like the warrior heads a lot better. They are pinched more and a lot more stable.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok cool i will look into those. they were barely making heads when i was playing, so i have zero experience with them. i always hated brine's, so i wonder if they've gotten any better in the past almost 10 years.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:51 PM

Yeah, To tell you the truth, i don't know that much about equipment, but figured i would be one of the more knowledgeable on this thread. Thats cool that your getting back into it.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:14 AM

BAH on warrior crap-get a debeer icon-they're really nice for attack/midfield, great release and hold (super narrow)
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 AM

i'm thinking about getting: brine cyber or vapor, stx proton

I'm very old school. I still use the same model sticks I grew up with; every time they break i just buy a new one. I have 4 sticks in full rotation:

I have a Mohawk Thunder I used mainly for box lacrosse, but it made a great field stick. It's heavy and stiff, but it's great for those quick scoops you need when on attack (I played attack in field lax).

Our team got demo Protons from STX and by midseason, everyone had thrown out their old sticks. And while it was a field team, it was made up almost entirely of box players who are obnoxiously fickle about their sticks.

Proton was really popular. We did have a few breaks though if I recall. We also had a deal with Warrior and not a single player was willing to use one.

My other two sticks are a pinched originalBrine edge and a pinched deBeer Shockwave. I love 'em both.

all my sticks use leathers and boot lace (not that nylon [censored])

As far as gloves go, we were issued Brine X22s and didn't really have a choice. I liked em, I still use em.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where do you live?

[/ QUOTE ]

i live in denver and i'm sure there's stores around here. i was mostly looking for peoples' advice based on their experiences with stuff (thus, info i can't find out just by going into the store).

[/ QUOTE ]

LaxWorld in Cherry Creek is a good one. They seem to know what they're doing.