Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Auto-call

$30+3 SNG, Level VI (100/200 blinds), 6 players remain.

Table is tight and tough, chip leader has ~3900, I am short stack with 670 (after posting BB).

Lost most my stack after 8Ts cracked KK all-in preflop a few hands ago. Others have b/w 1200-1400. Blinds go up to 150/300 next hand.

2 folds to MP (1420) who makes it 600, next guy pushes with 1465. I call all-in with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

As I review it seems obvious given the stack sizes and escalating blinds.

But I feel that it could be a good play with smaller blinds as well. Chance to triple up and move into 2nd chip position against an evenly short-stacked field.

Opponents have been playing ABC/gap theory, and especially given size of the blinds, have been waiting for cards to make their stand. Reraiser quite likely has any pair/A-decent kicker, maybe KQs. If they are sharing aces, the math could be right.

How far would you take this play? At what blind/mystack ratio would you call off all your chips, assuming the player vs. player stack ratios were the same?