Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Real Confused on this one, so I called. 10/20 PP hi

I feel like almost everyhand I play could be played differently, and is what makes 7 stud so interesting.

3rd st.:
Normally I don't play 3 flushes with 2 out, but I figured since I got a discount, and the 2 big cards made it worth a call. (Reraise?)

4th: My opponent only bet 10 when he could have double bet. I read that as him not wanting to pay double to see 5th, so he bet the minimum. I think if he had it, he would have bet double saying that this was a raised pot, or he would have gone for check raise.

5th street: Not sure, but 3 betting felt nice.

Rest of hand was routine, IMHO.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street

Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Old 04-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Real Confused on this one, so I called. 10/20 PP hi

I agree with you thinking for calling on 3rd but raising in my opinion would be mistake. You are puting a lot of money in the pot with a very speculative hand and make it more difficult to get away from the large pot if you whiffed on 4th

I have mixed feelings about the 3-bet on 5th. If you bricked on 6th would you check/call or bet out?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:51 PM

I like it, especially the raise on 5th. You are probably ahead and getting it heads up with the other guy seems like a good idea.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:22 AM

It's always nice seeing your hand improve every street [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3rd st.:
Normally I don't play 3 flushes with 2 out, but I figured since I got a discount, and the 2 big cards made it worth a call. (Reraise?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would almost always play this 3flush for a completion with the AK in the hole (even with 1 dead King). Is this a leak in my game????

Would you play it at a lower limit where the players are not as aggressive?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 AM

I make this call every time on 3rd. Having the AK is very valuable -- as you see on sixth when you make aces up. I'm truly not sure about the three bet on fifth. In general, I like your thinking of getting heads up where maybe a second pair can win the pot for you and trapping the dead money of the first guy. BUT even though you have a nine, he COULD have trip nines. Your read was that he did not -- but some players will be tricky and single bet when they do have trips. However, if he doesn't have trips, your four flush and A give you outs against two pair. So if you were solid on your read that this guy probably didn't have trips, it's a good play.

The rest of the hand, as you say, is routine.
We all play good when we're catching cards!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 AM

I think you have an easy call on third. If your hand had been live, I would jam with it.

Fourth street is a fold. You are obviously behind, and your hand is a bit dead. In particular, one of your Treys is out. And you have no reason to believe he doesn't have trip Nines.

Fifth is interesting. For K75 to have played the way he has, he should have a set. This doesn't mean he has one, of course, but he should. Even though you have caught a Nine, the guy with open Nines could still have trips. If either of them has a set, you're not in great shape. If they're both on two pair, you're in decent shape. I don't think your draw is worth calling two bets with, though.

Since you played it the way you did, and since the K75 failed to cap, I think you were right to bet it the rest of the way.