Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Stud SNG Hand

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (15/30), Ante 2, Bring-In 5 (hand converter)

Seat 1: (1158)
Seat 2: (722)
Seat 3: (1299)
Seat 4: (496)
Seat 5: (952)
Seat 6: (436)
Hero: (781)
Seat 8: (556)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___double bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

River

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

OK - This was my first stud SNG ever, and I finished in 4th, after getting runnered by a flush. My question here, basically, is whether I should cap this hand on 7th..... Something tells me I should with a boat, but villain's lead on 6th after I raised 5th had me wondering somewhat since he completed 3rd and paired his door at 6th.

Thanks for the input....

'Mez
Old 04-15-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Stud SNG Hand

I wouldn't cap. You've raised with a paired door card, and your final board has a three-flush, and the villain still raised you on 7th, which tells me he's not afraid of your flush or trip 7's/potential full house. If villain just had trip k's on 7th, he should only call, rather than re-raising, unless he's brain-dead enough to think that you're going to fold for one more bet because the raise means he MUST have the full house. Because he re-raised, I give him credit for the full house, and make a crying call. The fact that you asked the question, though, probably means that he didn't have the full house, and so you think you lost an extra bet.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Stud SNG Hand

Assuming that the guy with the King is apt to raise with a broad range of hands, your call on third street is appropriate. I see no real reason not to bet on fourth and fifth. The other guy should have trips in order to bet sixth street, so you can only call. It was correct to raise with your full house, but when he three-bets, he should be full, so again, you can only call. If he's an idiot, you might give him a little more action, though.