Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 09:47 PM

Default What do you think of my line here?

I guess I am most concerned about my PF line, I mean the flop is pretty automatic and so is the river suckout but PF is questionable I think.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 04-14-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: What do you think of my line here?

If you have a read that he'll often lay down the flop when you do this, it's great. Folding is absolutely out of the question here. I tend to just call here and fold very unfavorable flops to a bet, but with the right read this is perfect.

If he's very LAG or if he'll play very LPP after the flop, I prefer just calling.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:26 PM

I think a call, or a raise is probably pretty close in terms of EV. I like the LAGier image so I raise here too.

Nicely played.

Catch-
Old 04-14-2005, 10:38 PM

wow funny things happen when your fighting over some blinds. I think that a call PF might be better then the 3bet, but its close. rest is standard. good hand
Old 04-14-2005, 10:40 PM

Thanks, I just like the 3-bet cause it gives me more fold equity if the SB missed his hand. YOu also have to take into account that I was crazy aggravated from all the suckouts!