Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Two AT hands

New to table, and the only notes I had were on people who folded

1. I think this was too loose a raise preflop. I need to stop doing this. I should have only raised if it were sooted

2. Should not have called the flop bet. My reasoning at the time was that I had two backdoor draws and three overcard outs. I know this is bad bad bad bad bad now looking at it. However, once I did make the call I think I played the rest fine. Please berate me so I stop doing stupid things like this.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Hand 2

Think I learned my lesson...finally. Is this the way to play this hand, or should I have folded preflop...?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.66 BB
Old 04-14-2005, 02:19 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: Two AT hands

Hand 1-
The PF raise is a little much, I think calling the flop c/r is fine with ur two bd draws and overcard. The rest of the hand is standard.

Hand 2:
PF Raise is standard for me. The rest of the hand seems fine.

Do you have any reads for these hands?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:21 PM

I tend to just call with ATs, and ATo early position.

I guess this is too passive
Old 04-14-2005, 02:22 PM

First hand: The PFR is marginal. I think it's close but in general I would tend to muck here.

I don't think you can really check this flop, and I don't think you can fold to the CR either. I like your play.

Turn and river standard.

Hand 2:
I think PFR is standard.

Flop bet is pretty mandatory.

I like the turn check/fold with no reads.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to just call with ATs, and ATo early position.

I guess this is too passive

[/ QUOTE ]
You should raise ATs and fold ATo from EP.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New to table, and the only notes I had were on people who folded

1. I think this was too loose a raise preflop. I need to stop doing this. I should have only raised if it were sooted

2. Should not have called the flop bet. My reasoning at the time was that I had two backdoor draws and three overcard outs. I know this is bad bad bad bad bad now looking at it. However, once I did make the call I think I played the rest fine. Please berate me so I stop doing stupid things like this.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Hand 2

Think I learned my lesson...finally. Is this the way to play this hand, or should I have folded preflop...?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.66 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

ATo is an ugly hand to raise with in EP, unless that abel is absurdly tight and you think you can steal the blinds. Fold the flop in #1, but you know that.

ATs is stronger, but I wouldn't make a habit of raising this UTG. The play isn't BAD, but IMO it shouldn't be standard either.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop in #1, but you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Hero is getting 11-1 on his call.

His BDFD is definitely worth a full 1.5 outs. I'd say his A outs are worth about 1.5 and he has two BDSD worth another 1.5 outs collectively. With 4.5 outs I don't see why this is an 'easy' fold, if a fold at all.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop in #1, but you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Hero is getting 11-1 on his call.

His BDFD is definitely worth a full 1.5 outs. I'd say his A outs are worth about 1.5 and he has two BDSD worth another 1.5 outs collectively. With 4.5 outs I don't see why this is an 'easy' fold, if a fold at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. I am wrong. That is why I am a donk. That said, I think 4.5 is a bit generous here.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:39 PM

raising UTG with ATs is standard? I've recently been having my doubts about raising UTG with AQs.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising UTG with ATs is standard? I've recently been having my doubts about raising UTG with AQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, raising KJs, ATs, KQo, AJo, and 99 UTG in a 10-handed game is standard.